SaltCritters.com

Nebthet's 57g REEF-NEW Pix! 04-19-2011

nebthet

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am liking this new camera I am using a lot, so I am going to be sharing more pix taken from today.

I also went out and bought a new critter holder home for my baby onyx clowns. It is twice as long and twice as wide, just a little shorter. I wanted to give them more room to swimm around and with the side opening design it allows much more water flow in so the babies have to swim against the current more in a couple areas.

Blastos with toadstool.

blastos09-09-2009.jpg

BTA has moved to the back right of the tank. At least it is bugging the Aiptasia for now.

bta09-08-2009.jpg

Mr. Blue Damsel is rather a bit out of sorts because I changed something in the tank.

damsel09-09-2009.jpg

Big Momma checking out the juvi's in their new container.

clowns09-09-2009.jpg

Runt and Omen checking out the space in their new home.

bothonyx1-09-09-2009.jpg

After only a couple of weeks, the tailbar on Omen is twice as thick as it was at the end of August.

bothonyx2-09-09-2009.jpg

Another shot of Run showing his bottom mid-bar coming in.

runt09-09-2009.jpg

I am rather glad the baby onyx are developing well, but I am beginning to get concerned that they do not have a lot of onyx coloration coming in right now, where other members who have received these guys from Christos Clowns have.

I am hoping with the new home, which has a much larger clear plastic door on top, thus letting in more direct light, we help in the color change.

Clowns are looking great as always. Your dendros and sun corals look really cool too, I have been wanting to get some for a while. Keep updating haha

I've been lucky with my livestock. I buy cheaper and buy frags when I can. My picasso clown was my most expensive piece of livestock at $100 canadian.

Well I lost my big octo frogspawn that was damaged in shipping finally. The hermit crabs just wouldn't leave it alone. So, I am thinking of replacing it with an elegance coral instead. They have one in toronto, about a 5 to 6 inch specimen for $35. So I am going to contact the guy and get it.

I have done some research on them and they like less than ideal conditions, with low flow.

If I get it, I will be butting it up against the rockwork in the middle, but on the right side where is there is much lower flow than anywhere else in the tank. That area also gives about 6 inches away from other corals as space for sweeper tentacles.

I am also getting SPS frags from another member here on Friday.I am real excited for those.

Well I went to the big City today. That would be Toronto for those not from Ontario and I picked up some frags from Nematoad. Very cool dude I must say!

Frags were well packaged and nicely looked after. All healed and enstrusting starting on each one.

Makes frag-a-lots frags look like crapola.

I was given 7 frags from Nematoads, though I only asked for $6, which was cool.

nanobudsfrags2.jpg

nanobudsfrags1.jpg

Acropora Yongei aka Green Slimer

newacro1.jpg

Purple Monti-Cap

monticap1.jpg

Orange Montipora Digitata and Purple-tipped Montipora Digitata

montidigitatas09-19-2009.jpg

Purple slimer: the frag broke off the live rock but a piece was left on so I am gonna see what it will do.

purpleslimershard09-19-2009.jpg

Green Bottlebrush

newacro2.jpg

Dendrophyllia head. It is still mad in this pic. Tentacles slowly coming out now.

dendrohead.jpg

Inspector Morris my Cleaner shrimp. He is my first indication on whether or not any coral added to my system is healthy or not. All Nematoad frags passed with flying colors. He was done checking them all out in less than 5 minutes.

Shrimpcheckingnewbies.jpg

Wow. nanobud really did that? LOL AWESOMENESS.

you got one cool cleaner shrimp. picking though corals to see if theyre good or not. i want one like that! :P

Sorry Jacob no.. I ran out of battery life on this PC for my mouse so now when I go to type stuff in from another source it is trying to autofill on me and it 's driving me nuts.

It was Nematoad in Toronto who I got the stuff from. I went up today and picked them up from him myself. Cheaper than paying Fedex overnight shipping.

I am very happy with them.

Yes, I have so Nematoad does a very good job raising his SPS!! He should be proud. They are the nicest frags I have seen around in a while.

Definately no clip and ship methods used.

what do i think?

i think it is............

(drumroll plz)

TOTAL AWESOMENESS! :D :D :D

Glad to see that they all made it fine :)

Here's what you can look forward to (for folks who didn't get to see where they came from):

Purple tip digi:

5frags.jpg

Orange digi:

orangedigiabovejan8.jpg

Purple slimer (pic 5):

purplestag07-07-09.jpg

Green bottlebrush acro (pic 6):

greenbottlebrush07-07-09.jpg

I hope they start to colour up and start growing for you soon :) And it was great meeting you too!

You will be glad to know too, that all of your frags are now in polyp extension. The green slimer and purple monti cap are at half mast, but the monti digis are definately at full mast for extension. I just took more pics to show, but I will fix them up and post em tomorrow. GRINZ.. I am sooo happy. Thanks so much!!

Oh.. and I forgot to not, you can already begin to see the green sheen of the bottle brush and the flouresent yellow of the yongei. So cool.

They get more colourful :)

BTW, do you dose anything?

Come back soon for some more frags - with the size of my tank and the growth I get, it's always fragging time :D

Yeah I know, I can't wait until they do go into full color like your colonies.

The only thing I dose in my tank, and only a touch of it is PurpleUp. Just a couple of drops usually once a month to give a boost, otherwise I let my water changes do what is needed.

Archived