Coral Vue Hydros

A shot at Nano Reefing....CAD Lights 12 gallon

bps7772000

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New fish! Orange spotted goby. I have been concerned about my open top. I built a temporary(and ugly) egg crate top. I'm considering options as to mesh top with lid(custom?), to a Cadlights top to having a glass or plexiglass top built. I would love to hear anyones comments on installing a lid for this type of tank.

Also, my AquaC Remora is now about 3 weeks old and still hasn't broken in :angry: The microbubbles are starting to pour over but no skimmate as of yet. Now onto the pics...

I acclimated him for one hour using a syringe to add tank water slowly...

IMG_0260.jpg

Thought he would dive straight into rockwork but he just went right down low in front...

IMG_0262.jpg

My setup from the rear side...

IMG_0268.jpg

The ugly top, oh the horror...

IMG_0271.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The brain coral is killing the zoas to it's right they are mostly dead and not happy, the brown zoas on your left. I am going to return Mr. Brain Coral and replace him with something non-aggressive. He is worth near $100 so I should have something nice.

• 6 months later...
The brain coral is killing the zoas to it's right they are mostly dead and not happy, the brown zoas on your left. I am going to return Mr. Brain Coral and replace him with something non-aggressive. He is worth near $100 so I should have something nice.

Did you find a replacement for the Brain? How's everything going in the tank?

• 3 months later...
Did you find a replacement for the Brain? How's everything going in the tank?

I'm sorry I let this thread go dead. After the clown goby jumped into the first chamber and died and the brain coral killed my two main zoa colonies, and my expensive aqua-c protein skimmer failed to do jack #### after months I decided to break down and get rid of the tank in spring 2011 also due to being busier at work and having less time. I donated all livestock and my clownfish to Marine Scene in Herndon, VA and received a small amount of store credit and sold the tank/hardware on Craigslist. This was at a time where I didn't feel like investing many hundreds more dollars to restock coral in my tank and I was tired of learning-failures. This is a great hobby but also an expensive hobby. The lessons you learn cost major $. I will probably get back into this hobby one day.

Thanks to everyone here for your help including Nano Sapiens and other Cadlights contributors in particular.

I'm sorry I let this thread go dead. After the clown goby jumped into the first chamber and died and the brain coral killed my two main zoa colonies, and my expensive aqua-c protein skimmer failed to do jack #### after months I decided to break down and get rid of the tank in spring 2011 also due to being busier at work and having less time. I donated all livestock and my clownfish to Marine Scene in Herndon, VA and received a small amount of store credit and sold the tank/hardware on Craigslist. This was at a time where I didn't feel like investing many hundreds more dollars to restock coral in my tank and I was tired of learning-failures. This is a great hobby but also an expensive hobby. The lessons you learn cost major $. I will probably get back into this hobby one day.

Thanks to everyone here for your help including Nano Sapiens and other Cadlights contributors in particular.

Man, sorry to hear about all the problems. It can indeed be an expensive hobby. Hoping you'll try again in the future.

Archived