ReefCleaners.org

JB's first 34 solana transformer

bxz

well said, I'm not planning any new fish. These 4 might just be good enough. I'm a little bit worried about the zebra damsel, the female clown keeps chasing him, sometimes even take a bite of its tail/top fin, but the weird thing is the damsel won't stay away from the clown.

Sorry for your loss... Unfortunately though I'm not surprised that it died...

Anyways, your tank looks really good and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it! With regard to another fish, I would say to choose any replacement carefully. Actually I would take this opportunity to just keep the 4 fish and see how they do (more importantly see how your tank does, as I think you'll find that the maintenance will be much easier).

• 1 month later...

updates! I rescaped our tank, added some corals and an anemone crab, the crab finds the Haitian Reef Anemone right after I put him in, I'm amazed to see his antennas, he got his own DirecTV!

67.jpg

FTS

66.jpg

Happy Reefing B)

JB

• 2 weeks later...

It's about 6 months now. I still have GHA issue, although it's not much,I want it gone. After tried so many critters, I finally purchased a sea hare, anyway, this guy IS ugly, but he does excellent job of eliminating all my GHA in 3 days, now I'm trying to feed him Nori, not sure if he likes or not. Anyway, worse case I sent him back to LFS.

Here're some shots.

75.jpg

sea hare

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

83.jpg

the porcelain crab now moves into the sebae anemone.

84.jpg

FTS

76.jpg

82.jpg

:)

thx Donatello, yes, it's getting more matured now. For the anemone, I'm still waiting for my clown to host it, as long as it stays put, guess it'll be ok for now. U r right, it's getting huge. I was asking my LFS if they'd like to take it, they said it's difficult to keep sebae anemone alive. Anyway, we'll see.

Woah, this tank has matured quite a lot. lol the anemone is huge, are you worried if it gets bigger?
  • 1 month later...

Last month my female clown jumped out while sleeping, my guess was the sea hare somehow frightened her while at night (the clown sleeps on top of the water column). When I found her the second day, she's already dry. I felt so bad and took the other one out to another tank. The next weekends I purchased a pair of balck & white ocellaris, after 2 weeks, these 2 little guys finally are hosting the Sebae anemone, but during the night, they seem always stay at the tank corner. Is that the case clown doesn't sleep in anemone?

88.jpg

• 1 month later...
victornator333
After several days' testing the water and getting consistently 0,0,5, we finally purchased a small CUC with 5 Astrea, 5 blue Leg hermit and 2 peppermint shrimp. I guess my tank might never really have gone thru the cycle since the live rock we got is directly from an established tank. Another reason we took the plunge is that we saw the aiptasia was growing, we hoped the peppermint would take care of them.

The blue leg hermit was very active, soon as I put them in the tank, they started running and never seems to stop for a rest, always eating, climbing.

23.jpg

25.jpg

The 2 peppermint shrimps were very shy, always hiding under the rock, I was lucky enough to get some shots right after I put them in, now they rarely come out during the day. I bought 2 in order to take care of the Aiptasia, there are about 15 in my tank now, but somehow the shrimp never touches them, I read there is always a 50/50 chance. So I decide not to feed them for another few days, not sure if I have to go the chemical way or lemon juice way or boiling water hard way, anyway, maybe a copperband butterfly? haha, guess too quick.

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

I also added 2 current USA lunar lights to my 20" T5, the 20" T5 doesn't come with a lunar, nor is there a place to put the lunar, I finally put the 2 lunar inside the T5, gave the T5 an upgrade.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

now I'm still hoping the peppermint shrimp will eat the aiptasia, but in case after another couple of days, they are still not, should I feed them something? or just leave them? What should I feed them? pellets, flakes?

thx for ur time reading :)

I recently purchased the same fixture for my aquapod...where in the hood did u install these lights??

• 2 weeks later...

I used a wire to tie the moonlight at the front and back center of the NEP. The wire goes thru the top cover holes.

18.jpg

I recently purchased the same fixture for my aquapod...where in the hood did u install these lights??
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the one gal one pound live rock theory is too much.

One year Anniversary FTS after taking out half of the live rock.

92.jpg

• 2 months later...

our black white clown are having babies, this is the first time they spawn, but it's too late for me to prepare the food this time though...

102.jpg

103.jpg

busy working lately and I haven't been putting anything new. thinking about getting the maximspec G2 to replace the NEP, the NEP is not enough for SPS. Meanwhile, I'm working on an extended LED fixture on my 12L. Will put some pictures after all is done.

Cool babies! any new updates?
  • 1 month later...

you do amazing work with your tanks. I love the rock arch. and everything is looking so good and healthy. I love it, glad i found this thread.

I am looking forward on seeing what you get next.

awesome tank and thread

Archived