Coral Vue Hydros

ReefBuddy DIY Aquarium Controller $89

hcsceo

OK guys PH and ORP are completed. I've got to finish the code to get it displayed on the screen but that shouldn't take any time.

LOL I really have to laugh at that quote. 15 hours later I see PH on my display correctly. I won't go into detail but never count your chickens to early.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I'm going to take a break from the probes for a couple of weeks and devote a good amount of time back to the relays and menu design. I've got to order a few parts for the EC Probe circuit and won't have them in till late next week.

I've changed the display a little bit. You will be able to see at a glance Temp, PH1, PH2, ORP, PPT, Date, Time, and a status area that will give any alarms information. I'll post a pic tomorrow as I left my iphone at home and don't have another camera at work.

Steve

brettb2020
OK I'm going to take a break from the probes for a couple of weeks and devote a good amount of time back to the relays and menu design. I've got to order a few parts for the EC Probe circuit and won't have them in till late next week.

I've changed the display a little bit. You will be able to see at a glance Temp, PH1, PH2, ORP, PPT, Date, Time, and a status area that will give any alarms information. I'll post a pic tomorrow as I left my iphone at home and don't have another camera at work.

Steve

thats sounding awsome! all those things at glance! this controller is gonna be incredible

This project is awesome. For those of us that want reliable heat control and lights on and off, its going to be sweet!

hcsceo - Are you still looking at around Sept or so for release date for the kits? Ever since I heard the blip of this on RC I can't quite justify buying a Ranco heat controller since this will cost less than a dual stage and will do so much more. I have a pretty basic system but if you need any more testers let me know, I'd be more than happy to!

keep up the good work there needs to be more like people like you who dont care about making a million over night and just care about honest FAIR deals... GOODLUCK

dzeadow - yes the plan is to have this completed by Sept. 1 Not sure if the kits will be ready for sure by then but the final design will be done and we can send out for keyboards and PCB's.

Brett and Seaweed - thanks for the kind words. Everyone should have a controller on their tanks and the only way that will happen is if we get the price down. I've got no problems with companies charging what they do for a controller as the market is relatively small ,the liability is relatively high, and the work and cost involved in design is high. Innovation starts with a need, but filling a need cost money.

Steve

i understand what your saying and in some cases i dont disagree with prices of some items but greed is the biggest problem and i would just like to say your a good guy because you dont care about the money

I understand absolutely none of the techno-language on this thread, but I would certainly be interested in trying one of these controllers out if you are able to meet your goal.

I am definitely waiting in line to buy this.

I read through the first two pages of this thread but I didn't pick up on whether this unit has it's own processing, or if this needs to be usb'd to my computer.

This has its own microcontroller built into it. Does not need to be hooked up to anything. Right now the usb will be used to upload new firmware but in the future it will be able to send data to the computer for historical information.

Gotcha. That is very cool. So potentially it could upload a history of parameters to your computer?

yes, exactly. The computer will have to catch it in realtime there isn't enough room to store the data on the controller. There is an SD card option we could do down the road but it won't happen with the initial release.

I'm in line as well, you can sign me up now. I was away from Nano-reef for a bit but I am glad I'm back the DIY stuff such as this is what I really like about this hobby besides the visuals and the newest stuff is here.

ill be a "tester" for the "uneducated" reefers (im still in high school) + i dont have a controller

Well at least my computer LOOKS cool!

tongue.gif

my comp looks sick, but thats cause i made it

The Propagator

Steve, put me down for one as well if you are able to meet your sale price of $80 something as planned. OR if you need a tester. :P

D

i would love to be a tester as well! sounds like an awesome project. danktank, glad to know im not the only high school kid who has this hobby lol.

i would love to be a tester as well! sounds like an awesome project. danktank, glad to know im not the only high school kid who has this hobby lol.

glad to see there are a lot of us highschool kids reefing, although its expensive :lol:

I will go out on a limb here and say I dont really want to be a tester. I'd be open to review the hardware side prior to release to testers. Things like do the schemes match the PCB layout, do the plans have the correct labelling, etc. The best part is the cost to do this is ZERO as it can be done off of photos of parts, the schematics, and the instructions.

Archived