Pod Your Reef

Bubble tip anemone question

Andreas kika

Andreas kika

And something else...would peppermints nip or eat my bta??I ordered a couple of them for my aipatsia promblem.

looks pretty good to me. if it keeps traveling around ur tank then something is not right and the nem isnt happy. no shrimps will not harm ur bta.

Andreas kika
looks pretty good to me. if it keeps traveling around ur tank then something is not right and the nem isnt happy. no shrimps will not harm ur bta.

Thank you so much for your reply.It hasn't moved for a day now and i fed it yesterday some shrimps and a guppy...

Thank you so much for your reply.It hasn't moved for a day now and i fed it yesterday some shrimps and a guppy...

You shouldn't feed freshwater fish and shrimp to saltwater animals. They don't contain the same proteins and nutrients that marine animals do.

I would like to know if anyone had ocelaris clown fish host a bta...

Yup, mine took to my GBTA the same day I got them. My anemone rarely shows bubbles though.

Crappy pic, but you get the idea.

DSC00111.jpg

Andreas kika
Yup, mine took to my GBTA the same day I got them. My anemone rarely shows bubbles though.

Crappy pic, but you get the idea.

DSC00111.jpg

You got my hopes up again thanks

You got my hopes up again thanks

Just remember that not all clowns will host an anemone, some wont host anything. I don't want to get your hopes up, just give them some time.

Andreas kika
Just remember that not all clowns will host an anemone, some wont host anything. I don't want to get your hopes up, just give them some time.

How much time should i wait to loose all hopes?

How much time should i wait to loose all hopes?

the proper amount of PC light will work fine for a RBTA. I wouldnt say 36w. I have 144 watts 12kbulbs in my BC29 and mine seems to be doing fine. My nem is attached to the underside of a rock as well and he stretches really far to come out between the rocks, something like 5-6" and he still gets this big.

M-IMG_3012.JPG

So it took my picassos about 2-3 weeks to find the Nem and start hosting. I was giving up hope and one day I came home to find them playing. They are so well connected and its a bit scary. So scary as at night the nem closes up and retracts under the rock, with my picassos inside, only to open when the lights turn back on...kinda scary.

Keep posting the pics and update us.

-jds

coolwaters
the proper amount of PC light will work fine for a RBTA. I wouldnt say 36w. I have 144 watts 12kbulbs in my BC29 and mine seems to be doing fine. My nem is attached to the underside of a rock as well and he stretches really far to come out between the rocks, something like 5-6" and he still gets this big.

M-IMG_3012.JPG

So it took my picassos about 2-3 weeks to find the Nem and start hosting. I was giving up hope and one day I came home to find them playing. They are so well connected and its a bit scary. So scary as at night the nem closes up and retracts under the rock, with my picassos inside, only to open when the lights turn back on...kinda scary.

Keep posting the pics and update us.

-jds

dam that anemone is just gorgeous...and those clowns omg

dam that anemone is just gorgeous...and those clowns omg

Thnks coolwaters. Ping me as I'm local and looking for frags/new 90g tank. :D

coolwaters
Thnks coolwaters. Ping me as I'm local and looking for frags/new 90g tank. :D

let me know when it splits. i have some green rics and duncans so far.

how much did u get that anemone for?

Andreas kika,

Any updates? Mine decided to retract last night and piss off the picassos. I woke up this AM to 2 RBTAs!

-jds

Archived