Coral Vue Hydros

Bubble tip anemone question

Andreas kika

Andreas kika

Hello again...I just purchased a bubble tip anemone and it got under my live rock!!!I know that i must not disturb it so i will leave it alone.Am i doing the right thing?Will my anemone climb up again?The lights are off right now i hope it wont get confused...Any extra info would be great.The species is the same as the photo(the photo is not from my aquarium nor is that anemone mine).Thank you i hope i get a fast reply cause i am a little nervous.I would also like to ask if the anemone will sting my toadstool leather or my branching frogspawn.

post-44153-1240944234_thumb.png

ya, that should be long enough. I was judging by your rock work and it looks like new rock. nems are picky. I'd leave it alone. It's gonna end up where it wants to be. cover those powerheads if you have any in the tank.

It will be fine.

A good practice for adding new nems into your system is placing them in a shaded area and then letting them find their own spot. Alot of nems are kept at the LFS under lower lighting so the transition might be stressful.

Andreas kika

Thank u all for your really fast replies.Right now it settled underneath my rock and my powerheads are really far from the anemone.I hope that it will climb up again tomorrow.

x2 on watching powerheads. Mine was far away too but the allure of the powerhead proved too much and it made some GBTA slurry.

doesn't matter how far those powerheads are... cover them up with some pantyhose. BTA will float around and if they get caught up in the current...... milky water.

Hello again...I just purchased a bubble tip anemone and it got under my live rock!!!I know that i must not disturb it so i will leave it alone.Am i doing the right thing?Will my anemone climb up again?The lights are off right now i hope it wont get confused...Any extra info would be great.The species is the same as the photo(the photo is not from my aquarium nor is that anemone mine).Thank you i hope i get a fast reply cause i am a little nervous.I would also like to ask if the anemone will sting my toadstool leather or my branching frogspawn.

Good advice so far, i.e., leave it alone.

The frogspawn can probably hold it's own but, the toadstool will not last long. Good luck!

Good advice so far, i.e., leave it alone.

The frogspawn can probably hold it's own but, the toadstool will not last long. Good luck!

I have several leathers that occasionally are touched by my rbtas. This toadstool is constantly touched by it's neighboring bta and never have seen a bad reaction. Frogspawn and bta is a different story, keep them at a distance.

leatherandbta.jpg

I have several leathers that occasionally are touched by my rbtas. This toadstool is constantly touched by it's neighboring bta and never have seen a bad reaction. Frogspawn and bta is a different story, keep them at a distance.

Wow, I lost my toadie and my hammer is growing like crazy. WTH

Andreas kika
What size tank is your anemone in? What kind of lighting?

30 gal and i have about 86 watts over it.The height of the tank is 35 cm and i have T5 and T8 lamps both actinic and white 10000k.I will cover my powerheads i suppose i dont want any slurry in my aquarium...Today its still underneath my rock in the middle of the aquarium away from any powerheads.Hope that it will stay away from my other corals!

Andreas kika

My anemone is still attached underneath my live rock almost completely in the sade...It has been 2 days now.Should i start to get worried?

My anemone is still attached underneath my live rock almost completely in the sade...It has been 2 days now.Should i start to get worried?

Post a pic of it. Give it another day or two and see if it will take any food.

2 days is not too long. I've got 2 GBTA's under T-5's (but in a 20L, so shallower) and they would move into and out of the rock cracks they occupy depending on how much light is hitting them (My T-5's have staggered on/off times) and when all the lights are on they tend to retreat from it somewhat. After they acclimated they pretty much stay in the light when it is on.

Andreas kika

i cant post a pic cause its almost out of sight...Cant take a pic.I fed it brine shrimp and i think it ate i couldn't see much from the angle i fed it!Awww so annoying....I will leave it be.It is healthy though cause i couldn't detach it from the lfs bag.Really strong sting...

^Dont listen to this guy, bubbletips live and grow just fine under PCs, you may not get the fat bubble tips like under higher lighting but PCS are def enough to keep one.

Andreas kika

It finally settled in a crevice between 2 rocks.Can you tell me what kind of bubble tip is it and if its condition is good?

post-44153-1241719153_thumb.jpg

post-44153-1241719165_thumb.jpg

Archived