inTank Media Baskets

Vic's Random Photography

Withers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More rolling shots. I was hoping to get some decent fall colors but mostly failed.

I think I'm spent on rolling shots, I need to do some more static stuff.

what about some rig shots???

I actually have all the pieces I need for that priced out, I just haven't bought them yet. That's definitely high up on my photography shopping list though. It's #2 behind a decent mid-range lens.

Your outdoor shots are great! But you definitely need to get a proper flash for the wedding shots.

I never got a flash until this year when i went to a number of weddings, and it's a whole different ball game when you can bounce light off walls/ceilings.

Yeah no kidding, haha. This hobby needs to start carrying it's own weight, I can't afford all the toys I need/want to get for it.

I picked up a 40D and 75-300 (crappy lens, I know) for my wife for her birthday, so I'm broke as hell right now. Luckily she decided to take my XSi instead so I've finally got a body that fits in my hands. that's what she said

• 2 weeks later...

oh, ok.

i was gonna say that you've posted much better pics of your car than that one.....but never mind.

good luck!

I like the contest photo. I'd say you nailed the monochromatic considering the line between drivers side rear quarter panel and the wall is lost.

Woot I finally found a decent light painting tool! Now I just need some different colored theatrical gel and a ton of practice :)

First attempts:

_MG_5048.jpg

_MG_5069.jpg

_MG_5078.jpg

I also need to get a remote shutter release, 30" isn't near long enough to construct this type of picture.

I found this at Lowe's:

_MG_5084.jpg

The light spread is ok. It's pretty concentrated but I think I can get the hang of it eventually.

I have a buddy (well, brother-in-law) who does lighting for a living, I'm going to talk to him to see what kind of options I have for theatrical gels. I'll let you know what I find out :)

Oh, and yeah, my camera has a bulb mode, but don't have you to hold the shutter open to have it work? Or can you set it to click once to open and click again to close?

do you have a cable release?

the one I use has a click and lock thing so you can either just push the button or lock it in for bulb mode

I see what you're saying now...yeah you'd have to hold it the whole time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used to just fill up the tub with warm water and put our dog in it till it all melted. A lot easier than spraying the snow till it melted.

Nice shots, too.

Archived