Coral Vue Hydros

Who the hell do we call? - The Blue Ringed Octopus

Pagemakerguy

LOL, "octopus leapt out of the aquarium and bit him in the forehead.....fell toward the tank with the camera, breaking it"

Brilliant!

+10 to serazol!

:D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definate BS.

Marine Boutique do NOT ship internationally. And they got it shipped out of thailand? Why? We do not allow import of invertebrates into Australia and I do not see why they would deal with them.

Aus Customs would never let it leave the country without some very specific export/import documents, and while i'm not sure about the import conditions in the US, im sure your customs agencies wouldnt let it just get mailed into the country unquestioned and without quarantine.

oh, wow.

also, does the journalist not know the difference between poisonous and venomous? that just irks me. call me a grammar nazi.

post-41992-1240365199_thumb.jpg

I call shenanigans on the newspaper article :P

Though talking to an aquarist who actually does keep blue rings, he said they are common hitchickers in rocks that wholesalers get (just like mantis shrimp).

It is a fake article, hence my laughter. I certainly would not have laughed had it actually occurred. Search for "fake newspaper" and youll find the link.

I call shenanigans too on the topic.

He was online this morning. It's obvious the thread poster is just sitting back in his chair laughing about the whole thing.

Regardless of what he's doing, if it was fake thats a pretty nerdy and obscure prank to pull. Whatever floats your boat I guess. The article was funny though.

DogfoodEnforcer
I watched a guy free dive for octopi in hawaii - he had spear and he'd dive down to the rocks and poke the spear around in some holes. When the octopus grabs the spear he'd pull it out and bit it between the eyes to kill it.

So you need a stick and get ready to bite the thing in the head before it bites you.

Good luck and have someone shoot video... thank you.

my gf and her mom were just having a very serious conversation, and at the worst possible time i read that post, and proceeded to burst out laughing uncontrollably, slapping my palm on my leg. everyone's staring me down now...

i live in seattle and to keep one here or get one your suppose to get a license from the government. i talked to to the seattle aquarium and if you had one in a bag and wanted to donate it they wouldnt take it just becuase of that. i have however seen them at LFS who had one hitchhick on LR :)

Despite his lack of common sense and the unusual nature of the situation; The death of a young boy isn't funny.

:welcome: to the internet

oh, today my clown that i ordered from malaysia was replaced with a baby killer whale, i dont know what to do i might call the local aquarium, considering an upgrade from my 40 he looks a bit cramped

its at my friends dogs uncles house and ill get a pic when i go this weekend, my uncle says he likes to bite but i dont believe him

...wankers

MichiganReefer
oh, today my clown that i ordered from malaysia was replaced with a baby killer whale, i dont know what to do i might call the local aquarium, considering an upgrade from my 40 he looks a bit cramped

its at my friends dogs uncles house and ill get a pic when i go this weekend, my uncle says he likes to bite but i dont believe him

...wankers

East1 F T W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...wankers

:lol: :lol:

I always thought that a successful troll was one that was able to keep all the lulz to themselves.

Since people caught on as soon as the first page and most following posts were "doesn't believe" and "fials to delivar", it seems as though this troll was less than moderately successful.

BKtomodachi
I always thought that a successful troll was one that was able to keep all the lulz to themselves.

Since people caught on as soon as the first page and most following posts were "doesn't believe" and "fials to delivar", it seems as though this troll was less than moderately successful.

Eh, there are two types of trolling I suppose. What you have said is one type.

The other is just seeing how much of a gigantic sh## storm you can create. :lol:

...wankers

Weak, very very weak

Archived