Coral Vue Hydros

LED Group Buy

evilc66

Last question I promise. On my bc29 setup, should I run 60 degree optics on all or change the optics on outer ones, inner ones, where ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My order Mr. Evil... :P

(1) Single Sunpod LED Actinic in Black Anodized (for 16.5" Sunpod)

Request Front mounted unit with wiring to be located at left of unit when installed, please :D

thank you again for all your hard work in making this a reality for those of us that are "technologically" challenged :lol:

Done...

Thanks, put me down for 25 of the 40 degree optics

...and done.

Last question I promise. On my bc29 setup, should I run 60 degree optics on all or change the optics on outer ones, inner ones, where ever?

Some have had mixed feelings about running the optics where the rock was high in the tank. For only $1 each, get enough for all the LEDs and play with what seems like a happy medium for the tank.

these meanwell- can they be wired to run straight from the wall outlet? How far can you put the driver from the LEDs? and lastly these will drive 12 LED at 1A correct?

Would you sggest doing different optics then on high spots? I am just wondering if I should run 80's over these spots.

80's are a possibility. It will certainly lessen the intensity. You can also run without optics on the really high areas.

these meanwell- can they be wired to run straight from the wall outlet? How far can you put the driver from the LEDs? and lastly these will drive 12 LED at 1A correct?

Add a plug and plug them in the wall. I don't recall seeing a spec for maximum distance from driver to LEDs, but the drivers are fairly sealed, so you can mount them up in the hood if you have the space.

Up to 13 LEDs at 1A (with the current limit turned all the way down).

Allright evil, put me down for 3 meanwells, 19 white leds and 19 royal blue leds. Should be able to come up with the funds by the end of the group buy.

80's are a possibility. It will certainly lessen the intensity. You can also run without optics on the really high areas.

Add a plug and plug them in the wall. I don't recall seeing a spec for maximum distance from driver to LEDs, but the drivers are fairly sealed, so you can mount them up in the hood if you have the space.

Up to 13 LEDs at 1A (with the current limit turned all the way down).

Am I correct that you're saying with these drivers there is no need for a power supply?

Am I correct that you're saying with these drivers there is no need for a power supply?

Right. Straight into the wall it goes.

Ok So I am full of questions. Is it smart to get a back up driver or is it really not needed. Not sure of their track record.

Shouldn't be needed. Meanwell is a lot larger company than Luxdrive, and far more experience with power products and their manufacture.

There are a few people on the fence that would get the price down to $33 each if thye decide to do it.

There are a few people on the fence that would get the price down to $33 each if thye decide to do it.

Yeah I'm thinking about it, I wanna convert my 8 to LEDs but need to see what $$ looks like. How many LED's do you think would be good on a BC 8? 12 seems like overkill, but I wonder if the distribution would be ok with less.

I'd probably be in for a couple drivers and a few LED's but need to see what the budget is looking like.

So wait the drivers don't need a power supply? hmmmm these things just started looking a whole hell of a lot better than before. I see that they are adjustable but would we have to add a pentameter or something? Or is it coming pre wired? Also, is it difficult to modify the output for 1A and 650mA outputs? I just might be ordering 2 of these to replace my buckpucks.

Evil, what would you recommend to replace the factory lighting/hood on an Aqua Medic Nano Wave 9G? Would the 12" LED fixture be sufficient? I would like something that is "ready to run."

AquariKeeper

Hey Evil, do you think you could run through how many of what would be needed to retro a 20" dual satellite? I'm seriously thinking about this...

Evil,

I want to get in on this GB but i need your help on how many to buy to make 24" fixture with a color close to 20k totally mybe a bit less with a 250watt hqi equivalent. so i need help on how may to buy and how colors of each my guess is 50/50 of each. I would think i would need two drivers but i dont really know what a good angle on lenses. I would also like to get one actinic sunpod fixture aswell

thanks

scott

Archived