evilc66

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evil I need lenses!!!

I will be ordering:

20 60 degree lenses

10 40 degree lenses

I only need 24 but I want some extra to play around with different configurations. These will fit the Cree XR-E's without glue or anything right? Just snap on?

Done. They are a tight fit, but a small dab of silicone will make sure they stay put, and still be removable.

Put me down for 2 12k Pico lamps please.

Bill

Done. Thanks

Put me down for 1 of the dual sunpod actinic fixtures with a single power supply. I'd also be interested in the black anodizing even if it means a few bucks more.

Done. Black looks like it will be for sure without a price increase.

1D with dual power supply and black anodized please (as previously discussed). YGPM

Gotcha.

put me down for 1S Sunpod LED Actinics.

great job organizing this group buy evilc66 .. been waiting for LED pricing to go down and this definitely helps

looks forward to future group buys

On the list.

Evil, put me down for 1 single unit sunpod LED actinics as well. You're providing an awesome service to NR -- really appreciate it!

Done. Thanks very much.

Evil, is it the Meanwell ELN-60-48p or ELN-60-24p that you will be getting?

It is the ELN-60-48P. Sorry for the confusion. The original post has been fixed.

Put me down for one 20k Pico LED lamp :lol:

Thank you, ;)

Done.

Put me down for one of the sunpod actinics. Anodized please.

Keith

Yessir!

Hello Evilc66, can you put me down for the FULL 12" LED Fixtures for the 3 gallon Picotope. and 1 Sunpod LED Actinics, Anodized black thanks! Is it possible less or any different in shipping if bought combined? -Dave

Awesome. You're gonna dig the 12" fixture. I love mine. I'll see what I can do on shipping, but I usually ship the Satellite retro in its original box, so it will be seperate.

Put me down for 2 20K pico lamps.

Done

Hey evil, I would like the 12" Current Fixture. Also, would I be able to get a quote for a 6g NC retro?

Thank you

Edit: Nevermind on the 6g NC retro. The 12" Current Fixture alone would be great. Could I pay extra to get 2 power supplies? In order to do dusk/dawn emulation.

Thank you

Comes with two power supplies now anyway. Last batch all shipped with two power supplies.

put me down for one 12k pico lamp.

when can we expect these to be shipped?

right when the buy period ends? a week after? 2 weeks?

thanks!

Cool. These will probably ship about 2 weeks after the group buy ends. I won't see parts for a week or so after the end of the GB, and work begins as soon as parts hit my doorstep. It may take a little longer just based on the sheer number of orders I'm getting.

I want one of these, the full $250 fixture. :)

Done.

evil, put me down for 2 x Sunpod LED Actinics. I would love to have it in black anodized and since its a pair, the single power supply would be wanted as well! thanks!

Got you down.

That screw-in unit is pretty freaking awesome. Wish I had some use for one, lol.

I'm sure you can think of something ;)

Evil, Put me down for one Dual Sunpod Actinics with the black anodized and single power source!!! Thanks!!!

Done.

Let me get 7 White led, 8 Blue Led, 24 60 degree optics.

Done.

Awesome, put me down for one Sunpod LED Actinic. Can't wait.

Done.

Everyone, please review your order at the bottom of the first post to make sure I have it correct. Thanks

I have been reading about buckpucks for a month but the group buy is using

"Next up, drivers. I will be able to get Meanwell ELN-60-48P drivers for everyone."

How many do we need for 20 LEDs? what is the difference?

The ELN-60-48P can do 13 LEDs at 1A, or 26 (2, 13 LED strings in parallel) LEDs at ~650mA with a current mirror for protection. You would need 4 Buckpucks to handle that many LEDs ($80 plus power supply).

Everyone, please review your order at the bottom of the first post to make sure I have it correct. Thanks

Don't see my name listed for the sunpod led mod.

The ELN-60-48P can do 13 LEDs at 1A, or 26 (2, 13 LED strings in parallel) LEDs at ~650mA with a current mirror for protection. You would need 4 Buckpucks to handle that many LEDs ($80 plus power supply).

So for 20 LED 10 blue 10 white you would???

Biocube 29gal with only soft corals

Just let me know

" wwevildo"

Just let me know

" wwevildo"

I would advise against a single driver for both sets of LEDs you wouldn't be able to adjust the color temp at all if you did that. For a BC29 you should probably be running 24 LEDs then you could house whatever you wanted. Get the buckpucks and spend a little extra and get the pentameters on them. Then you can adjust the color up to 20k or down to 6500k.

Evil, what are the dimensions on the retro kit? Would it give me good SPS growth in a tank that's 12"x12"x13"D?

It's in a Single Satellite, so 12"x5.5"x2.5". For a 12" wide tank, it might not work so well. A dual Satellite retro would be better. It will certainly support sps.

Don't see my name listed for the sunpod led mod.

Sorry, fixed :)

Just let me know

" wwevildo"

Like Waterproof mentioned, 24 LEDs would give better spacing and coverage. You can run this on two Meanwell drivers, or 4 Buckpucks. If all you will ever do is softies, 80 degree optics would be advantageous. If you ever think that you would get into sps or clams, then you will need 60 degree optics.

I am 2x12k please, not 20k.

Thanks,

Bill

Fixed. See, this is why I have you check :P

Giga, got you down.

Also, if I am looking at this right instead of four buck's I can just use two of the meanwell. One for the whites and one for the blues? Does this allow me to still turn on the blues by themselves? If so add me for two of those. If not I just need to get two more bucks I guess then.

Also, if I am looking at this right instead of four buck's I can just use two of the meanwell. One for the whites and one for the blues? Does this allow me to still turn on the blues by themselves? If so add me for two of those. If not I just need to get two more bucks I guess then.

Totals updated for you. The drivers will be totally seperate. You will just need to build two of the pwm circuit that I showed in the Meanwell thread. Hook it to two timers and rock and roll.

Hi evil, do you know the dimensions on the optics? Most importantly the height.

23mm diameter, 16mm height from the pcb top surface.

My order Mr. Evil... :P

(1) Single Sunpod LED Actinic in Black Anodized (for 16.5" Sunpod)

Request Front mounted unit with wiring to be located at left of unit when installed, please :D

thank you again for all your hard work in making this a reality for those of us that are "technologically" challenged :lol:

You can get 2 meanwells and be able to adjust the blues and whites separately as well as turn them off and on separately.

Archived