Coral Vue Hydros

Mini RBTA

Lalani

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hows she doing today?

Still the same... currently gaping, though when I got home she was closed up. She goes back and forth like that.. Going to try to find some mesh material to create a little dome around her. Not sure how much stress the sexies are adding, so I want to keep them away from her for now.

Well that plan backfired miserably...... Apparently she decided to move today while I was at work and when I got back home a little while ago she was stuck in the mesh.... I had to cut the mesh carefully to get her free and now she's sitting in a glass jar with no top, in the tank. She's gaping now and some of her tentacles look mangled... but her foot quickly attached to the glass....... I'll be so sad if I lose her.. :tears:

From what I understand, a healthy undamaged foot is the most important thing with anemones.

I would suggest talking with SPerry and see if he has any suggestions.

Both he and his girlfriend keep RBTA's, and he might be able to help.

el_vulture619

Take it out of the glass right now! It will need some good water flow to keep it healthy. Remove the shrimp if they are pestering it.

New pics?

From what I understand, a healthy undamaged foot is the most important thing with anemones.

I would suggest talking with SPerry and see if he has any suggestions.

Both he and his girlfriend keep RBTA's, and he might be able to help.

That's good to know. She looks like she's starting to gather herself again.... so fingers crossed!

Take it out of the glass right now! It will need some good water flow to keep it healthy. Remove the shrimp if they are pestering it.

New pics?

Chill, she's in a short jar w/ open top, in the tank. Getting enough flow, but not too much either. :)

No new pics right now, but I'll try to get a couple up later.

tsk tsk tsk, guess you should've listened and not put HIM in the jar.........

:P

BKtomodachi

Sorry Lalani :(

One of my three accidental clones is currently stuck to the edge of the vortech. I'm just going to let it handle this one on its own.

Awww geez BK, how are the other two? :(

The nem is still in the tank. Despite the top half of her looking chewed up, her foot still had a little life in it yet. Last night it was grabbing onto some rubble a bit, so I made sure she is getting the highest amount of flow she can without being blown away. Only glanced at her this morning, but....... meh.

BKtomodachi

Oh my other two are fine. I really could care less. These creatures have spurned my affection, lol.

I hope your little dude improves!

She's gone. :(

Now my two maxis seem to be unhappy... and they aren't even in the same tank as each other.. not sure what's going on.

Thanks for your input. Though I fail to see how the jar helped facilitate the demise of the anemone, or how it could be connected with the two maxis being PO'd. I'm not denying the fact that it may have played a part, btw, just not sure how exactly.

My mini RBTA from bluezooaquatics looks exactly like yours. Mine only lived for 3 or 4 days. It hid under an SPS coral to shade from the light. It let go of its perch and I found it melted a few feet away. The wavebox carried it under some rocks :(

I was looking forward to watching it grow!

It almost sounds as if there's some environmental factor or something in your water that is causing problems for nems.

Ask adinsxq for input.

Might actually be time to break out some test kits, dear.

My mini RBTA from bluezooaquatics looks exactly like yours. Mine only lived for 3 or 4 days. It hid under an SPS coral to shade from the light. It let go of its perch and I found it melted a few feet away. The wavebox carried it under some rocks :(

I was looking forward to watching it grow!

Sorry about that. Sensitive little guys, aren't they? :(

It almost sounds as if there's some environmental factor or something in your water that is causing problems for nems.

Ask adinsxq for input.

Might actually be time to break out some test kits, dear.

Yeah, I was planning on bombarding all three tanks with tests today or this weekend. So far, those three nems seem to be the only ones affected.. We'll see. *sigh*

its the time of the year. my rbta seems to be upset for the last weeks or so. i did have him in a container. maybe thats why.

Mine might have died due to shipping stress. But definitely sensitive. It might not have liked my flow. I have a decent amount too.

I think I'll wait till someone local sells theirs. At least I know it's acclimated to a home reef already and healthy when I come pick it up.

Archived