Coral Vue Hydros

Mini RBTA

Lalani

Ok, so I was given this tiny RBTA yesterday... gorgeous little thing! I figured I would try it in the 5.5gal nem/sexy tank that has 36w of PC over it and see how it does in there. It came from a softie tank with dim MH lighting. It had been rolling around that tank, unattached, and was in the shade I believe. Anyways, this is what it looks like today in my tank:

IMG_5528.jpg

:scarry:

What should I do??? Wait and see if it's just adjusting? Put it in a shady spot? Transfer to one of the tanks with high light? Please help!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im hoping to get a 1" or 2" one soon for my biocube with t5's.

They look some awesome when they are nice and puffy.

My lfs has 2 of them they are about 10" and huge!

I think it would do fine if it was in low light and doing good esp if your tanks peramiters are good.

Here I found this from a website about rose bubble tips

Highly in demand and often hard to find, the Bright Red Rose anemone is a color variation of the Entacmaea quadricolor, bubble anemone. A hardy reef animal if set with proper lighting and water quality. Bubble Anemones prefer to find their own place to settle and may move about your aquarium until a suitable location is found. For best care, the Rose Anemone requires strong lighting in aquariums of at least 30 gallons. It should be kept with a Clownfish for best care.

Most typically remain compact in size when kept under bright lighting (at least 3 watts per gallon). If the lighting is not sufficient, the Rose Anemone will expand its body to make the most of the available light. Its diet should include chopped fish, shrimp, or worms if a clownfish is not present. They are accepted by Clarki clowns, Tomato's, maroon's ,percula's, and ocellaris.

lakshwadeep

Check karensroseanemones.com for some help. I think BTAs in general don't like very strong light, so you might want to keep it in partial shade. Try feeding it some frozen mysis.

Thanks for the link, lak, I'll check it out. I tried feeding it some frozen krill, but it didn't take.

just give it some time.is it puking?is the mouth gaping?is it attached to rock?

Not puking, mouth is gaping, and it is attached to the rock...... as seen in the pic I posted.

el_vulture619

Did you acclimate it long enough? like an hr or so?

Since it is in you tank already just let it adjust were it attached. Dont mess with it to much or touch it. If its foot is attached nice and tight it should be ok, just leave it. If its mouth is wide open like that it will not feed. Keep an eye on it and clowns away from it till it recovers.

Thanks for the link, lak, I'll check it out. I tried feeding it some frozen krill, but it didn't take.

Not puking, mouth is gaping, and it is attached to the rock...... as seen in the pic I posted.

then just give it some time it's just stressed.

Thanks for the input guys! I've been busy keeping the sexies away from her, and she's looking a little better right now..

IMG_5534.jpg

BKtomodachi

I've yet to feed my nems and they still act like the word is about to end or something. Sigh.

Your RBTA does look a little bit better, for sure!

Wonder what could be making yours unhappy, Q. :(

Just checked and she's gaping again.... suppose she's simply adjusting to the new environment. Will keep a close eye on her. Thanks for the help!

here fishy fishy

I just got a bitty one from my LFS. It adjusted really well and I still have my temp light so I doubt its your lighting. Hope it improves!

How do u know its a her?

its really a shim

'cause its PINK, silly. All pink and purple tank things must be 'hers'.

Archived