SaltCritters.com

bruce922's Solana 34g

bruce922

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, you have a great looking tank. Look at all the coraline algea, awesome.

Your GSP looks healthy and a nice size too.

The yellow goby you have is out way more tham mine is and he looks well fed. I love those guys.

Looks to me maybe I need to up my current flow in my tank aftwer seeing your vid.

Thanks for sharing this great vid with all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a couple new frags the other day so I figured I would post some pics of them. I also included a FTS pic. Its not a great pic cuz my camera basically sucks.

Bruce

post-42878-1266456945_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1266456963_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1266456980_thumb.jpg

Militant Jurist
Its actually an Acan isn't it?

Could be an acan ech. The local LFS (with a marine biologist for a manager) says there isn't much different between acan ech and favids other than the amount of puff (slim for acan ech and barely there for favids.)

Decided to do a water change today. I really hate it. It only takes me less than an hour or so once the water is mixed, but still not one of the more fun things to do on a rare Saturday that I have off.

Bruce

post-42878-1266707902_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1266707909_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1266707914_thumb.jpg

Tank looks great!

I love doing water changes!!! :rolleyes:

You love doing water changes, you must be crazy. Just kidding with ya I dont mind it, I do love the outcome though.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking tank man, was that a sun coral frag a page back? and how's the YWG doing for you? I'd like to get a goby or jawfish for my tank instead of all the damsels I have.

redkneecoral

I'm with nick, I look forward doing my water changes, cuz i see how much they thrive afterwards

Great looking tank man, was that a sun coral frag a page back? and how's the YWG doing for you? I'd like to get a goby or jawfish for my tank instead of all the damsels I have.

The YWG is now deceased. I found it under my stand a couple of weeks ago. I should use a top for the tank since I made a nice one. I feel bad. I might get another one though.

I'm with nick, I look forward doing my water changes, cuz i see how much they thrive afterwards

I know I agree with you, but it is still alot of work. I for some reason I always worry about what I coule possibly mess up in my tank.

Bruce

hoping you don't mind a noob question (i'm very new). it looks like in your water change that the top rocks (and coral?) are out of water - when the water is at the lowest. Is that okay for the rock and coral? I was thinking about adding some more rock to get some more height but was worried of the rock being exposed to air and dying off.

When I do a water change, yes some my rock and a peice of xenia coral is exposed and out of the water for a bit, less than 10 minutes. So I really don't think there is any die off. And I think the coral that is exposed is OK also. Ask all the questions you want.

Bruce

Archived