Innovative Marine Aquariums

bruce922's Solana 34g

bruce922

Thx all, I will take some more pic when I get a chance and post them. You guys have any new pics?

Bruce

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GentleBen

Hi Bruce:

I to am a Solana owner and have a question about your open top. I run mine the same way and have lost two yellow watchman goby's to carpet surfing in as many weeks. Have you had any problems with this? Are you considering any kind of screen top?

Duh, just noticed the pic of the screen top you made. Care to share how you did it?

I did just get back from vacation. When I came home I found a snail on my hardwood floors, it was empty though. So yes I have had a jumper. As far as the screen top goes I went to Home Depot and got a DIY screen kit. It was pretty easy actually.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
TriggerHappyDude
nice solana Bruce...I have one also if you don't mind me posting some pics here

You should probably just post your pics in your own thread, some consider what you want to do threadjacking...

nice solana Bruce...I have one also if you don't mind me posting some pics here

It's easy just to start your own thread. But if you can't do that then sure you can post here.

Bruce

I just got a new addition to my tank. My neighbor was breaking down his 300G set up and brought me over one of his Ric rocks. It has over 20 Rics on and it gave it ot me for free. I was in shock to say the least! Here it is!!!

Bruce

post-42878-1243694067_thumb.jpg

Great setup bruce! and sweet rics from your neighbor too! wow what a great gift you got there. keep us updated! -dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ahhh free rics! nice grab, beautiful tank so far! will be following along! Thinking of buying a solana soon!

You should I really love mine!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally saw my new Pearl Eye Clarkki Clown inside my bubble tip anenome. It only took about 3 weeks for the anenome to host my Clown, its really cool they are together all day and the Clarkki actaully sleeps or relaxes in it all night. Here are some pics!

Bruce

post-42878-1257550523_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1257550533_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1257550544_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1257550553_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have a new addition to my tank, a yellow watchman goby. I have had him about a week now and everything seems to be going good in the tank. I have added some other pictures also. I am not a good photographer!!

Bruce

I have a new addition to my tank, a yellow watchman goby. I have had him about a week now and everything seems to be going good in the tank. I have added some other pictures also. I am not a good photographer!!

Bruce

Bruce

post-42878-1263844708_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1263844716_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1263844720_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1263844792_thumb.jpg

your tank looks great, i love how you lights sets off the purples in there.

You'll love the your yellow watchman, mine was shy at first and now he or she is out and about in my tank. I don't regret buying mine.

thanks for the compliments redkneecoral. It was been shy for a couple of days but lately has been swimming more aroung the tank than he did when I first got him.

Bruce

Congrats on the new addition Bruce! I've always wanted one of those guys!

Good to see you checking in... It's been a while! ;)

B)

I think it is safe to say that my bubble tip anenome has grown in the last 7 months of having it. Her are some pictures. I think is was better looking when it was younger and smaller, what do you think? The bubble tip in the 2nd pick is toward the top of the tank in the center. Probably 5 or 6 times the size it was 7 months ago. I feed it twice a week Rod's Pod's food with a baster, maybe that is why it has grown so fast. My pearl eye Clarkii loves to sleep in it at night too, I love that.

Bruce

post-42878-1264077123_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1264077293_thumb.jpg

Archived