inTank Media Baskets

Vortech MP10

eddiecorrea

Sweet already preordered mine lol. Now I'll have the entire family of Vortechs.

just pre ordered mine from PA. Late spring delivery.

I don't want to pre-order it till people have tried it and to see if it can flow through 30" of water

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does it look like a MP20 controller???

same reason why the it looks like the mp40 controller just blue instead of white

Sweet already preordered mine lol. Now I'll have the entire family of Vortechs.

just pre ordered mine from PA. Late spring delivery.

I must know where I can preorder mine!

Thanks

same reason why the it looks like the mp40 controller just blue instead of white

Yeah I realize that but the photo of the MP10 controller looks like it says MP20, maybe they haven't had any MP10 Controller Covers made??

Anyone know if this has battery back up capabilities?

Did that ad say that the ideal tank range started at 2.5 gallons? Someone please make a pico with this and use that flow to grow a pretzel-shaped efflo or something ridiculous.

Just sayin.

Already on it !

www.ecotechmarine.com/sizedoesmatter

So quit with the suspense !!! What is the Date ?

I dunno why they like you so much. <_<

Because it pisses you off ! :o

i wub u cuz you have boobies

Like you would know. Maybe it's a rumor. What if LaLani was a guy in drag? Then what? :haha:

Like you would know. Maybe it's a rumor. What if LaLani was a guy in drag? Then what? :haha:

Then Lalani is one good looking dude.

SOOOO....

Saw the MP10 IN PERSON at MAX today. Must say it's very nice and compact!! It's bigger than it seems though, not quite diame sized like the pics... They had it set to short pulse mode in a tank that's about 2 feet wide (and like "10 long) and it rocks the boat! But it'll go down to 200gph according to their brochure I got, not 500gph like the MP20... Also after talking to the Eco-Tech reps, they told me that unfortunately (I say for my particular situation), it'll only accomidate up to "3/8 thick tanks. That means I can't use it on my "1/2 thick 10g custom AIO... :tears: Also, it is NOT upgradable like the MP20 to MP40 because those use the same motor driver while the MP10 uses a completely different and smaller one. Sorry guys...

Anyways, I DID take pics of it but too lazy to post up right now. I'm going back to MAX on Sunday and I'll get some video to accompany those pics. B)

Of note, they are running the MP10 at MAX with an MP20 controller which I figure it means that an MP10 specific controller hasn't been made yet. You'll see in my pics...

Yeah thanks let's see them pics :D

I'm still undecided until someone uses it on a 20L and proves it can push 30" of water

Alright, here's the long awaited pics...

MP10.jpg

Note the MP20 controller, controlling the MP10 they had on display at MAX...

mp10_2.jpg

And the video if it in action. Sorry for the crappy quality, I had forgotten my camera at home on sunday (2nd day of the expo) and unfortunately had to get video of it with my phone... :( But it still gets the gist of the thing. And please DO NOT link the video to anywhere. If I find out this is being done (I will be monitoring the bandwidth of it DAILY) then I will yank the video and no repost it up. If you want to link, please copy and HOST it yourself, thanks.

phixion, how will it do for a finnex 30g? opinion?

This should be good for our tanks! :) I told the reps what I (we) have, and he said the 10 would be just right!

Unfortunately I can't use it on my 10g custom AIO tanks as it's "1/2 thick acrylic and the MP10 will only accomidate tanks up to "3/8 thick. :(

Thanks Phixion for putting in the time and effort in to get pics and video! I must say, it does look pretty impressive!

Archived