SaltCritters.com

RENDOG'S 5.5 Gallon Pico

RENDOG

awesome corals and I love the tank in general.

Did you end up putting the chaeto in the modded AC70?

Thank you very much. I haven't yet....I don't have a light for it so it's still in the tank.

I love the ric!

Thanks! I had seen more than one that I wanted and of course when I went back to the store they were all gone. I had to travel for this one.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up some more Zoos which I forgot to ask what kind they are (name). I also picked up a Sexy Shrimp which i'm very excited about.

100_3141.jpg

100_3140.jpg

100_3139.jpg

Zoas and the xenia look really good!

Thank you very much.....there's some funny business going on in the back area of the Zoas with the green skirts. I will post a pic right now

Nice pico, man.

Thanks man.

If you look at the Zoos with the green skirts, check out the right side in the pic. It's kind of hard to see in the pic but the area on the right that is green is made up of what looks to be little mini-flowers? Does anyone know what they are? I could be wrong but that's what it looks like.

100_3126.jpg

100_3126a.jpg

SeeDemTails

Does it look like a green coral?

It mght be a pocillopora spawn, they attach to everything.

wow! those are some awesome zoas!

Thanks Aberrix, and the camera doesn't do them justice.

Does it look like a green coral?

It mght be a pocillopora spawn, they attach to everything.

It does look like it could be a type of coral. I think if it's not going to harm anything then just let it be....correct?

Maybe a silly question but would it not be better for the tank if you submerged your plugs into the sand bed to prevent dead zones forming beneath them?

• 3 weeks later...

Bio Reef in Jacksonville Florida received multiple shipments of coral. At one point I had to stop myself from purchasing more. The Aussie Elegance and the Duncan are my new favorites. The employees are very nice and honest.

The bright green Zoos are from Amazing Aquarium in Daytona Beach Florida.

100_3373.jpg

100_3373.jpg

100_3374.jpg

100_3375.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3379.jpg

100_3380.jpg

100_3381.jpg

100_3382.jpg

100_3384.jpg

100_3386.jpg

• 1 month later...

I made my way to Amazing Aquariums in Daytona Beach Florida again. Billy helped me with some Zoo's....these guys are so nice. There was a customer there who had found a replacement powerhead for her "burned" out one while my Zoo's were being bagged. She had brought the bad one in and the first thing Billy asked was "are you sure it's completely dead or just dirty?" Long story short, Billy opened the powerhead and cleaned it and it was working fine. He basically saved her $80 by being honest.

If you are interested in dealing with good people and buying corals, these guys should be your first choice.

Billy sold me Emeralds on Fire and Pink Panther's. The Emeralds on Fire are badass.

100_3964.jpg

100_3966.jpg

100_3967.jpg

100_3968.jpg

100_3969.jpg

100_3970.jpg

100_3971.jpg

100_3972.jpg

100_3973.jpg

100_3974.jpg

100_3975.jpg

100_3976.jpg

100_3977.jpg

SeeDemTails

Hey Renier,

Those zoas look great in your tank! I am glad to hear Billy gave you good help, for those who dont know Billy is my husband lol! We pride ourselves in being honest people, and we are rewarded with a lot of happy customers. Thank you for the compliments! I dont know if Billy told you but those Panthers are super fast growers!

BTW your tank is looking great, all your zoo's look super happy!

duckiesforever

sweet tank

whats that coral second from the right

and right beside the ric

looks sick

also how are the lights working for you?

are you planning to keep any high-light sps?

sweet tank

whats that coral second from the right

and right beside the ric

looks sick

also how are the lights working for you?

are you planning to keep any high-light sps?

Thanks.

Duncans...they are really nice looking. I spot feed them Mysis Shrimp.

Lights are working real well for me. I may add another bar (4 LEDs).

I may do a Monti Cap and I've had my eye on a green Cat's Paw.

• 2 weeks later...

The green on these Zoos are so bright that it almost looks fake. I picked them up at World Wide Corals in Orlando Florida.

100_4495.jpg

100_4496.jpg

100_4498.jpg

Archived