ReefCleaners.org

RENDOG'S 5.5 Gallon Pico

RENDOG

If anyone of you use this LED setup or any setup with a huge plug, you can use this to make room for your other plugs on the power outlet. It lifts the plug just high enough to sneak other ones next to or in front of the large plug.

I had no idea they made such a thing! I defintely need one for other things.

You're tank looks great, I've just started my first 5.5 gal as well. I'll be following along as a fellow noob.

I'm trying to pick out what i want for a CUC. Have you got a heater that fits in your ac70?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I purchased a Marineland Stealth 25Watt heater. I originally planned on purchasing the Marineland Visi-Therm Deluxe heater because it was smaller but it is glass. The stealth is not glass so it is technically a little safer. I was also going to get a 50watt but I think the 25W will be suffice.

I'll let you know how and if it works out.

Thanks Ando. I've said it before but....they look really nice in person. The shimmer effect is really visible.

I added some Chaeto....i haven't modded the AC70 yet so I put it in the tank. I used a soap dish holder from Walmart....this was an idea from someone else on this forum.

100_2929.jpg

100_2927.jpg

100_2926.jpg

100_2925.jpg

I had no idea they made such a thing! I defintely need one for other things.

It's not specifically made for that, it's actually to accommodate a 3 prong plug into a 2 prong socket. I noticed that it would lift the plug and help out my situation (and that it was only 88 cents for two of them).

some zoas are like that just give it some time. i had zombie eyes that never opened... i threw them out... how much flow is it getting(2much flow pisses em off @ times too..)? very nice pico btw. im realy digging the lights keep us posted!

dirtwheelsfl

those light strips came with small black mounting tabs right?

if so, you can adjust which track they clip into on the side of the lights, ( for different angles) and maybe get some standard current usa mounting legs to attach the tabs to (to get them up a little higher)

just some ideas on blending the white and blue.....

those light strips came with small black mounting tabs right?

if so, you can adjust which track they clip into on the side of the lights, ( for different angles) and maybe get some standard current usa mounting legs to attach the tabs to (to get them up a little higher)

It came with little sticky black rubber "feet". I'll take some pics but what I have noticed is that in the pics it looks really separated (like there is a line dividing the 2 colors). In person, the light is blended more than what shows in the pics.

It also came with brackets to attach the lights to a canopy.

some zoas are like that just give it some time. i had zombie eyes that never opened... i threw them out... how much flow is it getting(2much flow pisses em off @ times too..)? very nice pico btw. im realy digging the lights keep us posted!

I agree man, the lights make the tank. Lots of halide-like shimmering.

I started modding my AC70 following the instructions from EL Fabuloso...the master of Picos. I'll post some pics soon.

BLoCkCliMbeR

post a pic of the "face" of the LEDs......personally if i felt brave enough, id re wire it all....white, blue.....try to blend it.......but light cycle is left up in the air that way....

how much did you pay per strip?

I went to Amazing Aquariums in Daytona Florida and SeeDemTails helped me pick out some frags. Thanks again for the help.

Xenia and new Zoas

100_3016.jpg

Xenia and new Zoas

100_3017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived