ReefCleaners.org

LED Pico Light

evilc66

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now it's more clear to me, so evil... talking about the par38 light and optics what do you recommend for mi tank? (jbj 3g picotope) I want the most variety of corals possible, and you know if nanocustoms shipping to México City?, thanks.

80 degree optics lets you keep the lamp closer to the tank. It still should be enough light for a wide range of corals.

The mount uses a vice like holding system with a neoprene type insert to protect the glass from getting scratch. I believe the clamp is able to open up enough to accommodate a maximum of 15mm glass.

Sounds good. I've seen some clamps like that bend and flex from poor materials. Sounds like a good mount.

IMG_4920.jpg PAR 38 LED's in action on my new tank

Mike

Awesome.

Could these go on a tank as large as a 92 gallon 30"x30"x24" cube that will be fish only with some softies? I'm looking for an LED solution and these seem like they could work due to the square footprint of the tank.

The mount uses a vice like holding system with a neoprene type insert to protect the glass from getting scratch. I believe the clamp is able to open up enough to accommodate a maximum of 15mm glass.

Aquabacs - with regards to the fixtures. Do they seem secure and able to hold the weight of the lamp ok - are you happy with the quality of them?

thanks in advance....

Aquabacs - with regards to the fixtures. Do they seem secure and able to hold the weight of the lamp ok - are you happy with the quality of them?

thanks in advance....

The build quality is very good and is able to support the weight with no issues.

Now, I am going to make a disclaimer to all regarding these fixtures: they are 100v fixtures (made to be used in Japan), you can use them with the lights with a 100v inverter or run it without an inverter. If you purchase the fixtures and you damage your lights or lessen their life span, I am not responsible for them. I am sure Clive will likely say the same.

Mike

Could these go on a tank as large as a 92 gallon 30"x30"x24" cube that will be fish only with some softies? I'm looking for an LED solution and these seem like they could work due to the square footprint of the tank.

They can be used, but seems like a lot of overkill. If you wanted to use them, I'd go with 4 60 degree lamps. That should get good coverage and sufficient PAR levels.

The build quality is very good and is able to support the weight with no issues.

Now, I am going to make a disclaimer to all regarding these fixtures: they are 100v fixtures (made to be used in Japan), you can use them with the lights with a 100v inverter or run it without an inverter. If you purchase the fixtures and you damage your lights or lessen their life span, I am not responsible for them. I am sure Clive will likely say the same.

Mike

On a fixture, 10v difference will make no difference to the life of anything. Now, 100v lamps are a different story.

They can be used, but seems like a lot of overkill. If you wanted to use them, I'd go with 4 60 degree lamps. That should get good coverage and sufficient PAR levels.

On a fixture, 10v difference will make no difference to the life of anything. Now, 100v lamps are a different story.

I just wanted to be forward and tell everyone that it is a 100v fixture not a 110v fixture. I know there should be any issues but I am just covering myself :) I dont want to hear that for for some strange reason that someones light went out and that guy on the nano-reef forum said that it was ok to use with my light. The fixtures have been tested in 110v for over 6 months with no reported issues to fixture or lamps.

Mike

I understand. What I'm trying to do is say that 10v will not make a lick of difference on a fixture that only carries and transfers the power. If it was a consumer of power (like a lamp), that would be different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
reeflovin22

For a 18in long tank can one par38 with 80 degree optics light the whole tank well? Or 60 degree optics? Which ever lights the tank better. Help.

For a 18in long tank can one par38 with 80 degree optics light the whole tank well? Or 60 degree optics? Which ever lights the tank better. Help.

I have 60 degree optics on my PAR38 and it would require two lamps to cover a 18in long tank.

Give me a little time tonight to upload pictures. Didn't have the Nikon NEF -> JPG conversion software on my laptop or I would have put them up Saturday.

New goodies here

:bowdown:

Most of you viewing this thread will most likely be interested in the new MR16 lamps that I'm working on. Please feel free to ask questions here or in that thread.

Any idea on pricing? I know it says TBA there, but you have to have SOME idea :D

We are trying to keep it as low as possible so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to put a few of them over a tank. It certainly won't be anywhere near the price of the PAR38. Depending on where we can get the price down to, you may be able to buy a few for the price of a PAR38. Performance is scaled accordingly of course ;)

Archived