Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kraylen's Aquaclear 110 Fuge Mod

Kraylen

lol yeah obviously he won't be responding...

Just makes sense to ask a question in a well written how-to that still applies today, instead of making my own thread.

Edited by SAV602
  • 4 weeks later...

HOPEFULLY someone with respond..

In the process of either recieving a modded 70 or not modded, in any case my question is in regards to carbon/purigen/floss/heater.

Can there be 2 chambers? Setting up a 10gal and I plan on using chaeto, but do I have to use the entire chamber for this? Can I not make the chamber smaller so that I can add carbon or Purigen.. And I want to put the heater in the chamber with the chaeto. I have never used an AC so I have no idea where the media goes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Bump for a really old thread, but I made this AC 110 fuge and was looking for a bright, thin LED fixture for it.

I bought this one from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IF03X3C) and am very happy with it. Most of the thin flat panels have touch button controls, which don't work with timers. This one has a rocker switch.

My fuge has a thick plexiglas cover (instead of the factory AC 110 lid), so I pulled the legs out of the light and sat it right on top of the plexi. Very little light goes into the room, most goes down onto the chaeto.

The last reason I got this was that it has a transformer at the wall, so only low voltage DC power is above my tank. I would have went with a PAR style bulb, but didn't want 120VAC above the tank (shock hazard).

• 1 year later...

I've just recently considered making an aquaclear into a refugium for my 26 gallon tank.  I would love the larger AQ110 but I have concerns about it fitting on my tank with a 9" wide skimmer (24" wide tank with 2 inches of lip total- 9" skimmer + 13.5" filter = probably not going to fit).  I've seen some people actually cut the overflow portion and push in the outer wall inward to make it smaller.  Not sure I have the know-how to do that though.

Anyone make this with an AQ70?  Would there be room for a very small compartment for media and a second, larger compartment for macro-algae?