Cultivated Reef

Kraylen's Aquaclear 110 Fuge Mod

Kraylen

Ha Ha K you so got tired of folks asking how to mod the Aqua Clear didnt ya. So tell me are you putting this on your multi water type pond?

Nice job. I was going to do something similar w/ my 110ac, but it was too long to fit on my tank. Had to use a smaller filter.

Great write up Kraylen ! When you get that tank cycled go help Cody out and buy some of his stuff off him ! He still has some great Blastos ! :D

Great write up Kraylen ! When you get that tank cycled go help Cody out and buy some of his stuff off him ! He still has some great Blastos ! :D

Cody needs to hit me up because I already hit him up IRL and on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work man. I'm going to be hacking up an AC70 here shortly and will be using this as a rough guide. So if you see a PM from 'ribbie' you wont have to read the subject line! haha

PaulieWalnuts

nice work!!! how is the flow through the main chamber? most of the other mods i have seen use plexi or acrylic baffles...but it seems you used one of the side pieces from the basket (smart) with small holes in it....seems it would let more water in quicker?

Edited by PaulieWalnuts

oh, did you mod the impeller at all? How do you find the flow? I originally ordered a 110 but returned it after finding out that it's a PITA to shave the impeller down. I went with the AC70 so I could swap out the impeller with a smaller model.

• 4 weeks later...
pismo_reefer

this pic made me drop the bleezy, and i burned my a$$....damn you kray!!!!

Finished product with lid and leds.

P1010043-1.jpg

...but SWEET mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kraylen, where did you find the Super Glue for Plastics? I am going to use your thread as a model for my AC 110 fuge that I am going to start tomorrow or Friday.

The only thing that I am going to have to wait on is the light that is on back order. So the fuge won't be housing any macro until it comes in.