SaltCritters.com

HalfPint's Photos

halfpint

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since you're looking for critiques...

#62 - i got nothing, it's a great shot.

#63 - incredible. the lighting, the framing, the bokeh, it's all awesome. the cardinal is expressive and you even managed to get good catch lighting on the eye. the only thing i could suggest would be to do some cloning work to the background to make it a bit more uniform. the blue spot above his head is a little distracting, and the brown area to the bottom left is a little messy.

#64 - looks a little bland to me. this is all personal preference, but if i were going to go in and edit it, i would bump the contrast a bit (probably just highlights), and darken the area that is out of focus in the background to help make the in focus portions "pop" a little more. i might even decrease the exposure of the flower a bit to bring back details if they get blown out. maybe some clone work on the pedals to clean them up, but that's not really necessary.

the framing on it is great though and the focus is awesome. it looks almost three dimensional.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Jason. That's the kind of criticism I have been looking for.

I need to work on retaining the details of whites more. Especially since I'm doing weddings more regularly now. Editing the background of photos to make the subject pop more isn't something I've done a lot of, but now that you mention it, I'll certainly try putting more time into editing my shots.

• 2 months later...

Niece and nephew shots from several weeks ago. Finally got around to editing them.

As always, any feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated!

8195554004_730a9f4737_c.jpg

Toothless by Jake_Brake, on Flickr

8195553306_6ecbd8a88c_c.jpg

Mean Muggin' by Jake_Brake, on Flickr

8195552654_9492fe126e_c.jpg

Coy by Jake_Brake, on Flickr

Archived