Coral Vue Hydros

HalfPint's Photos

halfpint

I appreciate any tips, criticism, and other comments. :)

I have more to upload, when I get them finished, I will add them.

Macro023.jpg

Chartreuse.png

Macro003.jpg

Snake.png

EDIT: Here are the rest for now.

House020.jpg

House019.jpg

Addison045.jpg

Addison024.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one. I won't post the link publicly though, because it has many pictures of my family. By request only.

I have one. I won't post the link publicly though, because it has many pictures of my family. By request only.

REQUEST!

haha, no, that's understandable

REQUEST!

haha, no, that's understandable

Yeah, there are a lot of douches on here that would love to 'shop them to hell and post them everywhere.

Older shots taken with my Pentax *ist DL:

IMGP8717_2.jpg

Eagle2.png

IMGP8847.jpg

IMGP8988.jpg

IMGP9464.jpg

imgp8344.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Jacksonville Zoo today. Here are a few photos. I only have a 1gb card for now (using my old one, till I get a good one), and the 18-55 kit lens. I really can't do a lot at a zoo with an 18-55. I really need at least a 100mm, to get what I want outdoors. These are all with the 450D. For the indoor ones, I was having to shoot with 1600 ISO, so there is some color noise. As for the monkey shots, they move so jerky, I had to use a flash, which was hard to do when viewing through glass.

Snake06.jpg

Snake04.jpg

Snake03.jpg

Snake02.jpg

Snake01.jpg

Monkey02.jpg

Monkey01.jpg

Flower01.jpg

That's all for now. I think I might have had too much contrast on a couple. Comments? Suggestions?

I can never seem to adjust my color profile on my monitor so that it looks right, once posted to a photo hosting site. :(

I can never seem to adjust my color profile on my monitor so that it looks right, once posted to a photo hosting site. :(

fast shutter speed and wide aperture > flash, imo

also, i've struggled with color profile issues with websites for quite some time. it turns out, the problem is probably your browser, not your monitor calibration. as it turns out, most browsers do not support color profiles. only safari does out of the box, and firefox 3 does as well, but you have to enable it.

here's a good link describing the issue: http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/04/29/633/

the tldr version is as follows:

in ff3, browse to the following "url": about:config

in the search box, search for gfx.color_management.enabled

by default, it is set to false. set it to true. restart ff to complete the process.

Thanks for the info, Andy. So, how do the pictures look to you on your computer? Do they look like they have propper contrast? On my Vista PC, the contrast looks waaaaay too high on #'s 16, 17, and 18. They look good on my Macbook, which is set up to use the Adobe RGB 1998 profile. I had always heard that was best, for getting accurate results to what the average user will see on the web.

Thanks for the kind words, Lalanai. :) That Green Mamba was really awesome. I loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered the Canon 50mm f1.8 and a polarizing filter for my kit lens today. I can't wait to get started playing with it. I get it Friday, so I'm sure I will have some new photos with it posted soon. Anyone else have that lens?

I haz it. The build quality isn't the best, but it's cool to play with.. especially in low light. Every photog should have a normal lens!

I haz it. The build quality isn't the best, but it's cool to play with.. especially in low light. Every photog should have a normal lens!

+1....great little lens for the price. With the single focus length, it forces you to get closer to your subject and "fill the frame," which is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Great shots above as well....really digging the shot of the eagle. I might have to start one of these threads soon.

+1....great little lens for the price. With the single focus length, it forces you to get closer to your subject and "fill the frame," which is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Exactly! Just as film photography forces one to think about exposure before snapping the shutter, a prime fixed lens makes you adjust your body instead of a zoom. It makes you conscious of how you fill the frame and compose the image. :)

Great shots above as well....really digging the shot of the eagle. I might have to start one of these threads soon.

Thanks for the kind words. I know want you mean about the fixed lens. My first cam was a 1970s kodak SLR, which had a fixed lens. I loved it. 100% manual everything. I even had to judge the room lighting to adjust the f stop and shutter speed by eye.

Exactly! Just as film photography forces one to think about exposure before snapping the shutter, a prime fixed lens makes you adjust your body instead of a zoom. It makes you conscious of how you fill the frame and compose the image. :)

Yeah, I still shoot like I'm using film. I try to get the shot I want in as few shots as I can. Like I said above, I started with a manual everything SLR, which taught me to pay attention to composition and exposure. I loved that camera.

Ring.jpg

Cracks2.jpg

Cracks.jpg

#27 (slightly off-focus, since I was aiming for the feet)

Feet.jpg

FeetinSand.jpg

Archived