Innovative Marine Aquariums

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I'm thinking of running a 36" 10 bulb powermodule on my 48" tank to reduce heat/energy costs. I have a 2 x 250w radium setup I need to unload though...

fishez4alivin
Awesome! I'm thinking of running a 36" 10 bulb powermodule on my 48" tank to reduce heat/energy costs. I have a 2 x 250w radium setup I need to unload though...

Thanks, In hindsight, I could have gone 48" with the tank, and still been alright. The light is just that good I think. If I had known what I know now, I would definitely gone 48" with the 36" Powermodule....

Those are some bad a$$ shots

Thanks man, our next swap will probably be in Vallejo, so not too bad of a drive for you, I can definitely hook you up, when you're ready.

I just drooled a little.

LOL, thanks

hey that sounds great i will really try to make its only about a 1hr 20min from me. I am getting some great pieces from steve tyree himself. two things that he hasnt even put on his web site yet Tri Color Rising Sunset Montipora (from Sangho Buan in seattle) and Fruity Pebbles Chalice Echinophyllia ( Cameron goddard of greensboro nc) the pieces arnt super big but when the grow out i would love to trade them

fishez4alivin
hey that sounds great i will really try to make its only about a 1hr 20min from me. I am getting some great pieces from steve tyree himself. two things that he hasnt even put on his web site yet Tri Color Rising Sunset Montipora (from Sangho Buan in seattle) and Fruity Pebbles Chalice Echinophyllia ( Cameron goddard of greensboro nc) the pieces arnt super big but when the grow out i would love to trade them

Sounds great, that tri color rising sunset sounds really interesting. Yeah, if you decide to go, almost everything except my JMT Monti is fraggable.

fishez4alivin

I think I got my aquascape down, just need to unload a couple of corals to make room for stuff in the frag racks.

IMG_5103.jpg

fishez4alivin

Equipment fit under the stand, including a custom sump, Schuran Jetstream 1 Calcium reactor, tank and aquariumplants.com regulator, cole palmer peristaltic pump and controller, tunze osmolator, ACJr, and Vortech drivers

IMG_5113.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

I can even fit a 2 1/2 G top off reservoir under there.

parting fish shot

IMG_5115.jpg

fishez4alivin

Anyway, because we are about to step into summertime, i decided to hook up the chiller. gotta love the two stage Rancho controller, had to fasten it on the side, since the back has the cables for the heater and chiller coming out, making it impossible to mount

IMG_5145.jpg

And here is the chiller plumbed in...well not exactly, its a drop in, so the coil goes into the return section....

IMG_5142.jpg

Then i took some scoly eating sequences...

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

fishez4alivin

The bulbs I run are from the

Front

Blue+

Aquablue special

Super Actinics

Blue +

Aqua Science 22K

Aqua Science 15K

Fiji Purple

Aqua Science 22K

Aquablue Special

Blue+

Dont feel jealous, just need to make your purchases carefully. Equipment purchases that can be used again through upgrades. I could have never afforded to get the tank, if I had to upgrade all the equipment. but because I made equipment purchases for future upgrades, all I had to do was buy the tank and stand. Plus, I've seen a lot nicer set ups for a lot less. One tank in our local club is a bare bones 55, that is super sweet. He has the tank running 3+ years, and that is something that has no price.

Here's a FTS

IMG_5215.jpg

That scape really is one of the best I've ever seen. The use of the tank's dimensions to create something simple and unique really does come through - it'd be a shame to waste such a lovely system on anything less ;)

Also, that first Acro is gorgeous. What kind is it? It reminds me of an Aqua Delight my friend had a while back...

fishez4alivin

Much appreciated Sam...thanks Nork, the second acro is one I bought at Atlantis.net, they are local here in the SF Bay Area, its a tenuis, and I dont recall what they called it. Probably just blue green tenuis.

fishez4alivin

Traded two different Acans for this Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

IMG_5236.jpg

Would have liked to have gotten a smaller one, but I didnt want my purple tang to kick it's a$$

sweet, how you gonna keep that wrasse from jumping out of that beautiful rimless tank? haha

I ordered the last 36" 10 bulb powermodule reefgeek had in stock. How do you like the Aquascience 22k vs ATI Blue +?

fishez4alivin

LOL, i had two wrasses in my other rimless, and they never jumped, although its an expensive wrasse, I traded it for a couple of Acans, so I'm not sweating it. I was going to make a top screen, but am going to risk it, to preserve the look. The Aqua Science 22K is identical to the Blue +, but the 15K, is whiter than the Aqua blue special. You're going to love the powermodule....its just that good.

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

Natural Sunlight pics, NSL each morning from 630-930, corals seem to have really taken to it.

RBTA

IMG_5345.jpg

Sunset has already encrusted onto the rock, since the move, i never glue it down, and just break it off when i move it...leaving frags of it behind

IMG_5329.jpg

Creamy blue tenuis I got from ATL

IMG_5338.jpg

ROK Mille

IMG_5325.jpg

ATL Appleberry

IMG_5341.jpg

LE Superman

IMG_5331.jpg

Ponape

IMG_5333.jpg

FTS