Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gorilla Glue vs Super Glue Gel

RockinSmall

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't use it. Doesn't seem safe and it's the expanding foam type, isn't it?

Super glue gel is tried and true.

^+1 Super glue gel works for me! ;)

ok... Gorilla Glue also makes their own super glue... what do u guys think about that?

What do you think about listening to us and us using super glue gel?

ok... Gorilla Glue also makes their own super glue... what do u guys think about that?

if it's cynoacralate(sp), then it should be OK.

Personally, I buy the 3 pack of SG gel from the dollar store.

RockinSmall

what the hell is your problem? i asked about another brand of super glue gel, genious.... how about u read the thread more clearly?

sears had some Gorilla Glue super glue gel on clearance.. 2 for 50 cents... i was asking if there was a difference in the chemical makeup..... i dont know why people get so ugly about a serious question....

RockinSmall

why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected... some of u folks need to realize there is more than one way to do this hobby... if someone asks a legitimate question... don't jump sall over them... i come here b/c i am a careful reefer.. u make it hard to do the right thing...

thank you for those that gave an EDUCATED answer with facts and reasons... your truly the asset to this community...

why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected... some of u folks need to realize there is more than one way to do this hobby... if someone asks a legitimate question... don't jump sall over them... i come here b/c i am a careful reefer.. u make it hard to do the right thing...

thank you for those that gave an EDUCATED answer with facts and reasons... your truly the asset to this community...

Ya asked a question, you got 5 responses saying NO! Then you reply saying why and what do you think? WE THINK NO!

You were not harassed or disrespected, it just sounded like you were not listening, that happens a lot on here.

Ya asked a question, you got 5 responses saying NO! Then you reply saying why and what do you think? WE THINK NO!

You were not harassed or disrespected, it just sounded like you were not listening, that happens a lot on here.

Let me rephrase that.... Your comment was one of the least helpful presented. Just move on.

Mr. Thingdoer

Gorilla glue super glue gel is Cyanoacrylate just like all the rest. There is nothing wrong with using it. It's actually great stuff.

BLoCkCliMbeR
if it's cynoacralate(sp), then it should be OK.

Personally, I buy the 3 pack of SG gel from the dollar store.

only problem w/ the dollar store stuff is it doesnt come in a cool dispenser.

you can use locktite gel or crazy glue gel, but why? the dollar store stuff is a....dollar

Mr. Thingdoer

The dollar store stuff doesn't hold any of my SPS up. I hate that stuff. The Gorilla Glue brand super glue is the best stuff I've found next to ZAP-GEL.

only problem w/ the dollar store stuff is it doesnt come in a cool dispenser.

you can use locktite gel or crazy glue gel, but why? the dollar store stuff is a....dollar

I scored a 12 pack of super glue gel at Lowes for $4.00 - I'm set for years. OK... a few months anyhow.

thelastlaugh9

Rockin, what started out seemingly sour came out with answer from someone who has used the product. Now Im happy to have learned that it is reef safe and works quite well apparently

Looks like i'm going to Sears tonight to see if it's on clearance here for that deal

why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected...

welcome to nano reef.com :D

RockinSmall

thanks for the help folks! our Sears is not doing so hot so about everything is going clearance...its attatched to a mall that is nearly empty due to all the new strip malls and relocations.. it was a heck of a deal and i bought all they had! im very happy to hear it'll work!!

Archived