RockinSmall

Gorilla Glue vs Super Glue Gel

i picked up some gorilla glue on clearance and was curious if this is effective in glueing frags?

evilc66   

It's an aliaphatic(sp?) resin, and I wouldn't trust it to be reef safe.

Lalani   

I wouldn't use it. Doesn't seem safe and it's the expanding foam type, isn't it?

Super glue gel is tried and true.

I wouldn't use it. Doesn't seem safe and it's the expanding foam type, isn't it?

Super glue gel is tried and true.

^+1 Super glue gel works for me! ;)

ok... Gorilla Glue also makes their own super glue... what do u guys think about that?

ok... Gorilla Glue also makes their own super glue... what do u guys think about that?

What do you think about listening to us and us using super glue gel?

if it's cynoacralate(sp), then it should be OK.

Personally, I buy the 3 pack of SG gel from the dollar store.

Edited by The Nomad

basser1   
What do you think about listening to us and us using super glue gel?

Cause he's a Gorilla Glue sales rep.!! LOL! :lol:

Edited by basser1

what the hell is your problem? i asked about another brand of super glue gel, genious.... how about u read the thread more clearly?

sears had some Gorilla Glue super glue gel on clearance.. 2 for 50 cents... i was asking if there was a difference in the chemical makeup..... i dont know why people get so ugly about a serious question....

Lalani   
i dont know why people get so ugly about a serious question....

You just have to ignore them. ;)

why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected... some of u folks need to realize there is more than one way to do this hobby... if someone asks a legitimate question... don't jump sall over them... i come here b/c i am a careful reefer.. u make it hard to do the right thing...

thank you for those that gave an EDUCATED answer with facts and reasons... your truly the asset to this community...

why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected... some of u folks need to realize there is more than one way to do this hobby... if someone asks a legitimate question... don't jump sall over them... i come here b/c i am a careful reefer.. u make it hard to do the right thing...

thank you for those that gave an EDUCATED answer with facts and reasons... your truly the asset to this community...

Ya asked a question, you got 5 responses saying NO! Then you reply saying why and what do you think? WE THINK NO!

You were not harassed or disrespected, it just sounded like you were not listening, that happens a lot on here.

Lalani   
Ya asked a question, you got 5 responses saying NO! Then you reply saying why and what do you think? WE THINK NO!

You were not harassed or disrespected, it just sounded like you were not listening, that happens a lot on here.

Let me rephrase that.... Your comment was one of the least helpful presented. Just move on.

Gorilla glue super glue gel is Cyanoacrylate just like all the rest. There is nothing wrong with using it. It's actually great stuff.

StevieT   
Does this mean I'm getting banned?

are you able to still post?

if so then no

Rockin-

this may help you

Glue Guide

if it's cynoacralate(sp), then it should be OK.

Personally, I buy the 3 pack of SG gel from the dollar store.

only problem w/ the dollar store stuff is it doesnt come in a cool dispenser.

you can use locktite gel or crazy glue gel, but why? the dollar store stuff is a....dollar

The dollar store stuff doesn't hold any of my SPS up. I hate that stuff. The Gorilla Glue brand super glue is the best stuff I've found next to ZAP-GEL.

Edited by Mr. Thingdoer

only problem w/ the dollar store stuff is it doesnt come in a cool dispenser.

you can use locktite gel or crazy glue gel, but why? the dollar store stuff is a....dollar

I scored a 12 pack of super glue gel at Lowes for $4.00 - I'm set for years. OK... a few months anyhow.

Rockin, what started out seemingly sour came out with answer from someone who has used the product. Now Im happy to have learned that it is reef safe and works quite well apparently

Looks like i'm going to Sears tonight to see if it's on clearance here for that deal

reefone   
why is it, everytime i ask a question that could be slightly outside the norm of this forum i am harassaed and disrespected...

welcome to nano reef.com :D

thanks for the help folks! our Sears is not doing so hot so about everything is going clearance...its attatched to a mall that is nearly empty due to all the new strip malls and relocations.. it was a heck of a deal and i bought all they had! im very happy to hear it'll work!!