Top Shelf Aquatics

Photo Of The Month Contest Themes

Christopher Marks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clams

green corals(there are too many of them)

hitchhikers

live rock with diversity

snails

shrimp

mushrooms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

we need to do

"Strange things in the reef tank"

to see who has seen some random or strange things in their tank.

Could be a funny shaped crab or coral. It would be funny to see what we could find from all the members here :)

I recently started trying some new photo of the month contest themes likes 'stripes' and 'predators.' I'd like to get more themes lined up for future months and wanted to get some input from everyone. I like to keep the themes somewhat broad, but we could possibly even have some be more specific like 'acanthastrea' or 'sexy shrimp.'

Please submit your theme ideas!

Creativity. As in something out of the ordinary. That or Controversial. Always fun to have a good debate on what everyone thinks is right.

Dark

Nighttime

It'd be cool to see how creative people get with capturing their reef at night.

And this! Great idea. Spotlight your Sun Polyps! Maybe even in thermal, or infrared??

Seano Hermano

How about silhouettes?

Or aquarium cabinets (show different DIY cabinet styles)...

Or even 'the captive competition (survival of the fittest)' - like something odd - maybe an anemone which happens to consume a shrimp. Or a crab beating the eff out of a snail just to get its shell. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Builder Anthony

Salt creep for photo of the month?I was really hoping for something that would be nice to look at.If your running a good tank i would think you would want to maintain it and not have salt creep.So i have no salt creep and im certainly not going to develop any.Im really unhappy with such a "photo of the month"selection.

Salt creep for photo of the month?I was really hoping for something that would be nice to look at.If your running a good tank i would think you would want to maintain it and not have salt creep.So i have no salt creep and im certainly not going to develop any.Im really unhappy with such a "photo of the month"selection.

^+1

• 3 weeks later...

Maintaining salt creep is like building a house of cards. One slip of the forceps and it all goes tumbling into my fuge. It takes a lot of skill to trim my macro and feed the mantis! :P

I want a creepy, wierd, not your standard SPS cramped every tank alive one. The wierd, the creepy, the rare and out of the ordinary. Like how the coldwater biotopes are soooooo different, and since stuff is very localized, every tank seems to have different stuff in it. Not the same old selection of the same old fish and inverts every reefer has had, or will have.

Or the rare and hard to keep if it is tropical. Long term feather star tanks, Someone with a crown of thorns. nonstandard.

• 1 month later...

How about a photo of the month for " how tall can you mushroom reach" just after lights out. Or maybe how high can your crabs/hermits climb the wall. Or have people build the smallest full fuctioning skimmer for nano/picos. Maybe add the smallest skimeer to the walmart pico contest, only rule should be that it does work and be visable if used on contest pico's. In or out of sump/hob ect.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently started trying some new photo of the month contest themes likes 'stripes' and 'predators.' I'd like to get more themes lined up for future months and wanted to get some input from everyone. I like to keep the themes somewhat broad, but we could possibly even have some be more specific like 'acanthastrea' or 'sexy shrimp.'

Please submit your theme ideas!

check out my nanocube on my youtube channel @ stlreefer85

check out my nanocube on my youtube channel @ stlreefer85

I dont like that theme.

I want a creepy, wierd, not your standard SPS cramped every tank alive one. The wierd, the creepy, the rare and out of the ordinary. Like how the coldwater biotopes are soooooo different, and since stuff is very localized, every tank seems to have different stuff in it. Not the same old selection of the same old fish and inverts every reefer has had, or will have.

Or the rare and hard to keep if it is tropical. Long term feather star tanks, Someone with a crown of thorns. nonstandard.

+1 to a 'unique tank' theme

...or 'unique tanque' if you will...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived