Cultivated Reef

Photo Of The Month Contest Themes

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

I recently started trying some new photo of the month contest themes likes 'stripes' and 'predators.' I'd like to get more themes lined up for future months and wanted to get some input from everyone. I like to keep the themes somewhat broad, but we could possibly even have some be more specific like 'acanthastrea' or 'sexy shrimp.'

Please submit your theme ideas!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xenia ric(cant spell full name lol) zoanathids(sp?) montipora capricious

snails um euphilia(sp)

bet you already did most of them.... um........ cats! or shrimp. because not every one has sexy shrimp

eddiecorrea

Rainbow? Like as many crazy colors as possible. Or geometric(I think thats the word Im lookin for). Like have the shape it should resemble be a circle or something. I dunno.

crabs, nano fish, anenomes, non photosynthetic corals (sun corals, etc) zoanthids, acans, seahorses, shrimp, pest (diatoms, cyano, worms, different algaes, mantis shrimp, etc) hitchikers, clams, SPS, LPS, softies, and many other things!

Growth ! Before and after. Either the growth aspect or color cange/morph under your lights after tank addition ! Acans , chalice, sps, Inverts !

Caught in the Act shots. Unusual things like hermits out of the shell or changing shells, clowns hosting not so normal things, snail shells covered in GHA, etc.

Caught in the Act shots. Unusual things like hermits out of the shell or changing shells, clowns hosting not so normal things, snail shells covered in GHA, etc.

+1 to this. This goes along with the thought of some type of "action" shots... "stalk", "sleep", "eat", etc.

• 2 weeks later...

DIY (only hand made stuffs)

nitetime

WTF

caves

oops (pics of your accidents)

fat/skinny

salt creep formations

plumbing

dirty (your tank at its worst)

stands

• 2 weeks later...

1. "What is it?" - everyone takes pictures of a critter they need ID'd, so it could server 2 purposes

2. "The Posing Fish" - pic's of fish that stand out from the background

3. "The Coral Fade" - Shots that Naturally blur out everything except the coral you choose.

4. "Antiquing" - B&W photos only because it's not always all about the colors

• 2 weeks later...

Archived