Pod Your Reef

GB Vortech Mp40w gen 2 and Mp20 ( new box version )

darthvader

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reef crest seems to be working pretty well in my 40 breeder. Lagoon is nice because its a little stronger, but its a little too constant. it seems to be blasting a couple of my acros. i cant turn it down because then it doesnt reach the rest of my tank. have really tried short pulse yet. im still a little lazy to set it up

Just spoke to my vendor, right now there is no GB otherwise his dealer status will go bye bye with ecotech.

However he listed MP10 on his website for pre-order. According to him, there will be short supply so place your order to get it first.

Got mine today, thanks!

Got an e-mail earlier today. My MP20 is on backorder for a week so I guess I have a little bit of a wait ahead of me.

+1 on a mp10 GB

I don't guess this is happening anytime soon. Check back a couple of posts on darthvaders' reply.

I spoke to the vendor, he is getting information and he will try to start a GB on the mp10 soon. It's hard to start a GB when there is no set release date.

I am working on it.

Just spoke to my vendor, right now there is no GB otherwise his dealer status will go bye bye with ecotech.

However he listed MP10 on his website for pre-order. According to him, there will be short supply so place your order to get it first.

I just got the permission to 'add the mp10' to the current GB, but it doesnt look like that will happen for a couple of reasons. :)

LMK if/when there's buy on the mp10 and I'll write again for a new GB thread for that.

-greg

I think MP10 is only good for 5-20 gal tank max, I don't think it's good for any larger than 30 gal.

As you see mp20 is rated up to 70 gal, but the power is a little weak. I don't think it's good for 50 or 60 gal tank. Unless you add additional flow.

I think you should get mp20, don't wait. Today is the last day.

I talked to Ecotech reps at MAX this past weekend and they said for 30g tanks, MP10 will be plenty sufficient.

Darth, and ideas on MP10 GB pricing as of yet?? StanD and I had a good discussion while at MAX about the whole Vortech GB thing, lol! But I'd really be interested if the MP10 is a good discount, I know it might be too soon to say though...

I spoke with the vendor yesterday and he told me, ecotech already warned him about GB, NO GB on mp10 for atleast for the first 12 months.

So don't expect to see any GB on mp10.

they are greedy!

yea and I dont understand that marketing Idea..they get their money either way..So if the vendor wants to sell alot more units and take less profit for each why would ecotech care..they are still getting their money and selling more units and making more money. Sounds like they just wanna make sure they can keep charging and arm and a leg for the pumps...I think $195 is way over priced for the MP10...it shoulda been $150 MAX

eddiecorrea

Ya thats why echotech will never get my business. While they provide a great product they charge WAY too much. I will buy one on ebay for $40 or so off their asking price. The MP10 should be $150 at most. And thats a stretch.

yea and I dont understand that marketing Idea..they get their money either way..So if the vendor wants to sell alot more units and take less profit for each why would ecotech care..they are still getting their money and selling more units and making more money. Sounds like they just wanna make sure they can keep charging and arm and a leg for the pumps...I think $195 is way over priced for the MP10...it shoulda been $150 MAX

it's a brilliant marketing idea. think nintendo wii: once everyone has it, the hype is gone

If your saying the MP10 should be 150 MAX then the other two are really overpriced. the MP10 as $195 is the best priced in my opinion.

I saw the mp10 at MAX, that pump is worth the 195 and it's going 1 hot pump.

as of right now, there is no GB on mp10, however the vendor is accepting pre-order. If we can get about 40 buyers from nano-reef.com to pre-orde and pay until the release of mp10. My vendor will donate 1 x mp10 to nano-reef.com for future prize or raffle. This is to show his gratitute.

mp10 will be hot and short supply due to demand, so order your ASAP.

Please support him and you also supporting nano-reef.com

Archived