Coral Vue Hydros

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to use Reverse Osmosis water. You can get it at the LFS of you can get it at Kroger, LFS may be cheaper though. You can get the live rock and sand from the LFS as well. That is a good deal for the salt but how come you dont buy it at the LFS? You wont have to worry about shipping.

You want to use Reverse Osmosis water. You can get it at the LFS of you can get it at Kroger, LFS may be cheaper though. You can get the live rock and sand from the LFS as well. That is a good deal for the salt but how come you dont buy it at the LFS? You wont have to worry about shipping.

my lfs is a rip off. $10 a lb for lr that doesn't even look that good and probably $100 for that much salt. Besides, the salt gets free shipping.

Wow that is a lot for LR. Well that deal for the salt is from Drfostersmith.com or Liveaquaria.com they are the same place. You might as well order your liverock, livesand and salt mix from them. Shipping should be free and you can get your whole order through them.

Wow that is a lot for LR. Well that deal for the salt is from Drfostersmith.com or Liveaquaria.com they are the same place. You might as well order your liverock, livesand and salt mix from them. Shipping should be free and you can get your whole order through them.

thanks for the tip. Now, for the stock pump, it is 111 gph which is not that much. I am going to be adding a hydor flo, but I don't know if I should upgrade the pump, which would mean more flow through the filter and fuge, or if I should just buy a koralia 1 to up the flow. What would you suggest?

Buy everything you can from the drs or bigal. i had a list of like 12 things i got from them and only had to pay shipping once. and check out sealife inc for live rock. its really good stuff, full of coraline.

Buy everything you can from the drs or bigal. i had a list of like 12 things i got from them and only had to pay shipping once. and check out sealife inc for live rock. its really good stuff, full of coraline.

Was yours cured or no? I'm guessing no. How porous is the rock that you got from them?

its not cured, but its gonna be in a tank by itself for a while. i cant estimate its porous-ness because i have nothing to compare it to but i'll take some pics up close of it tonight once the water clears. i just chiseled it to death and made some smaller rocks :owned:

nice stand!!!

have u thought about what your going to put in it?

some hermit crabs, a couple of shrimp and maybe a pair of clowns. would that work, or is my tank too small?

Ok, I ordered a bucket of reef crystals, a koralia 1, 20 lbs of ocean direct live sand, and a hydor flo. I got it all from big al's so I saved on shipping :D It should be here some time this week. Now all I need is some lr and I'm ready for my tank to cycle, unless I am forgetting something :mellow:

water? ;)

:P I can't wait to get my box of goodies. I'm going to need to sell some plants so that I can buy something to mix my sw in and oh, dang I need a refractometer :angry:

:P I can't wait to get my box of goodies. I'm going to need to sell some plants so that I can buy something to mix my sw in and oh, dang I need a refractometer :angry:

what type of plants we talking here? :happy: im looking for epiphytes so i can totally rip off yours and rountrees' new scapes :D

what type of plants we talking here? :happy: im looking for epiphytes so i can totally rip off yours and rountrees' new scapes :D

Haha, well, I just looked around my tanks and I do have a bunch of emersed petites available. I also have a bunch of lava rocks that I never got around to using.

Great stand~! I bought same tank as it was such a great deal.

It is going to be an invert kingdom with some small goby of some sort!

Its a great little tank!

Great stand~! I bought same tank as it was such a great deal.

It is going to be an invert kingdom with some small goby of some sort!

Its a great little tank!

Thanks. Yeah, that tank was a steal! I couldn't pass up the deal.

May i make a suggestion on rock....

Get this...

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=34

then seed it w/a few lbs of LR :D

I ordered all LR from live aquaria and it retrospect it seemed like waste of $$ b/c after its was cycled pretty much everything was dead and bleached. <_<

Thanks for the link! Someone offered me some rubble to get me started too. How many lbs would you suggest that I buy?

id go with 15-20 lbs. up to 15 if you want more of an open look, and up to 20 if you want more of a chunk of a reef look.

id go with 15-20 lbs. up to 15 if you want more of an open look, and up to 20 if you want more of a chunk of a reef look.

for a 9 gallon tank? :lol: I think I will order that much though because I want a better selection for my scape :)

yah dude i bought 17lb for my 10 and its right in the middle. soo maybe 14-18lbs ;)

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a scape that is shaped like an upside down "U" when you are looking down on it.

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a scape that is shaped like an upside down "U" when you are looking down on it.

LOL so an "n" ? ;)

Archived