Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My New Ratatouille Tank!

BibleSue

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweet tank. cant wait to see pics after the transfer!!

Thanks! Your wish is my command. :P

FTS after all Kitchen Tanks contents added. Six Line went into the sump. I have space on the left side to slide a partition in if basslet goes after the food when I feed coral.

post-25782-1240880236_thumb.jpg

Some close ups

Left side with break in rockwork for divider to keep fish from eating coral food.

post-25782-1240891578_thumb.jpg

Middle

post-25782-1240891612_thumb.jpg

Right Side

post-25782-1240891642_thumb.jpg

Goni made the transition just fine

post-25782-1240891664_thumb.jpg

Mvite's Brain

post-25782-1240891692_thumb.jpg

Yay, goni! :wub:

I got meself a new one: pink (naturally) with YELLOW centers! All natural! I also have a pink one that's bleached; it should be red. :( Lovely blue centers have faded to dots. :/ I'm going to give it away; it just doesn't like my tank. But I don't want to risk shipping it, else I'd pass it on to an NR buddy!

WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Do you have the sump all hooked up yet?

If so, how is the flow working?

How is everyone looking today, esp. the Goni?

I do have the sump hooked up. The Maki Jet 1200 is pushing a bit more water than the 1/2" overflow wants to return. My extra 900 froze up awhile back so I need to get another one to try. Goni is happy!

Yesterday

DSCF7257.jpg

Today

DSCF7259.jpg

Sump

DSCF7251.jpg

I was pretty sure you had a 1" overflow, cause we have the same size.

Seems odd that a 1" overflow wouldn't have a high enough flow rate when the return that the MJ1200 is hooked up to is 1/2".

You might need to put a ball valve on the return line.

Hey, you want an almost full container of Oyster Eggs to feed your corals?

I have so few SPS now that I don't think I'll really use it.

I can just trade it to you for something.

If you don't want it LMK, cause I'll offer to trade it to another local reefer type person.

I was pretty sure you had a 1" overflow, cause we have the same size.

Seems odd that a 1" overflow wouldn't have a high enough flow rate when the return that the MJ1200 is hooked up to is 1/2".

You might need to put a ball valve on the return line.

Hey, you want an almost full container of Oyster Eggs to feed your corals?

I have so few SPS now that I don't think I'll really use it.

I can just trade it to you for something.

If you don't want it LMK, cause I'll offer to trade it to another local reefer type person.

I do have a 1" overflow. I don't know where my head was when I typed that!

Oyster Eggs sounds good. Whacha want that I got?

Look at the score! $19.99 or 3 for $49.99 at LFS in Knoxville even!

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

2 mushrooms-1 purple & 1 Blue on rock behind orange ric & orange yuma

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

varanus37

Sweet scores!

We've talked about this before with your other pictures though. If the tank is going to be that crowded we, the viewing public of N-R, require that you send out frags to clean up the sand bed before posting more pictures. :P

Really though, great finds and a great price. Hope they all do well for you.

Bill

Great tank Sue! and very nice score for sure :) I saw a red goni at the LFS but decided not try since I hear they don't last too long...how long have you had yours?

Sweet scores!

We've talked about this before with your other pictures though. If the tank is going to be that crowded we, the viewing public of N-R, require that you send out frags to clean up the sand bed before posting more pictures. :P

Really though, great finds and a great price. Hope they all do well for you.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. Some of them broke off my rockwork when I transferred them from my kitchen tank. I was more concerned with the transfer. I will be attaching them to the rocks again soon. Thanks for the offer, tho! You are too kind! :D

Great tank Sue! and very nice score for sure :) I saw a red goni at the LFS but decided not try since I hear they don't last too long...how long have you had yours?

Thanks for stopping bye. I got the red goni from Caesar777 about 2 years ago. She had it for over a year if I remember right. The reds seem to last better than the green. I love it. It is my favorite coral. It is opening up more & more every day. It likes it's new home. The other had old tank syndrome.

Your tank looks great. I need to get some Rics, yours are beautiful!

Bruce

Thanks! I have always wanted a Ric/Yuma garden. I'm getting a pink one in June from Nano Paul!

purplefirefish

i love the stand for this tank...

and your goni is happier then mine... mine hasnt opened up in about 2 weeks :(

i love the stand for this tank...

and your goni is happier then mine... mine hasnt opened up in about 2 weeks :(

Thanks! I love the shelf. It is working out great. My goni has not opened this much in a long time. The tank it was in had old tank syndrome I think.

I added some new coral today from my prop tank. It is sure nice to shop from myself. I will miss that when the prop tank is gone.

2 to the right & 2 to the left behind frog spawn & one below

DSCF7324.jpg

pinks up front & another kind on SB peeking out behind the rock on the right

DSCF7325.jpg

3 more kinds of flowers to the right of FS

DSCF7326.jpg

Teal Palys & unopened Tubbs to the right & left of cave opening are new

DSCF7327.jpg

Some corals getting a mountain top experience.

DSCF7328.jpg

Taking pictures with a T5 is going to take some lessons from Weetie!

varanus37

Nice shape to the monti. Should grow out neat. When those frags grow out you're going to have some kewl color splashes on the rocks. The pics you put up earlier of the goni show it having a feather duster hat. Nice contrast of it sticking out of the red like that. I'm such a reef nerd, who looks at coral pictures and is impressed with the feather dusters? LOL.

Bill

Nice shape to the monti. Should grow out neat. When those frags grow out you're going to have some kewl color splashes on the rocks. The pics you put up earlier of the goni show it having a feather duster hat. Nice contrast of it sticking out of the red like that. I'm such a reef nerd, who looks at coral pictures and is impressed with the feather dusters? LOL.

Bill

I'm glad you noticed the feather duster on the goni. I LOVE that addition. It was on there when I got it from Flo. I couldn't believe it survived the shipping! :o Since then it has been bumped & messed with & is still hanging in there.

Did you notice my Valentine rock I got from you? I finally have room for it. It is on the right side propping up my candy canes that I need to mount better.

varanus37

Well whadyaknow, there they are. Even after all of the craziness of the move I've still got those palys and a few others growing in different spots. I think their beauty is definitely in their details but I'm a macro-shot nerd so that's me. On the upside, they do grow like it's going out of style and can survive most anything from my experiences.

Bill

Well whadyaknow, there they are. Even after all of the craziness of the move I've still got those palys and a few others growing in different spots. I think their beauty is definitely in their details but I'm a macro-shot nerd so that's me. On the upside, they do grow like it's going out of style and can survive most anything from my experiences.

Bill

I hear you! They were in my daughter's tank since I didn't have room in mine. When we broke her tank down you couldn't even see them for the GHA & slime. They survived weeks without WC & wide swings in salinity. Her frog spawn is huge compared to mine & they started out the same size when I gave it to her. Go figure! :lol:

In her defense, she was expecting #4 when we set the tank up & was homeschooling one very bright but challenging 4 year old!

Archived