ReefCleaners.org

10 gal $1141.40 NEW PICS PAGE 4

patrick1234

I see where you're coming from with the top left rock moving down to be a shelf for coral but I think the position it is in is to block the locline from view. I could be wrong. I personally like the aquascape, especially if it's going to house branching SPS. Would look really neat filled in. The stack on the right does make it hard to clean the glass, I agree. What if you epoxy the stack together so you can move it to clean the glass around it? I know that's a pain but you can keep the interesting shape of the rockwork and still have a clean tank. Plus people will be interested to know how you pull off clean glass in such a tiny space. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work,

Bill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First things first. UNless you get a really good ATO or you top off about every 12 hours your pump is going to suck air. Your first pump set up was better.

Next with the black sand you will have to be very careful with your pH. The black sand doesn't not have any buffer in it. I would be topping of with water with a pH of 8.4. Keep a close eye on the pH.

Reduce the amount of rock in the display and find a way to put it in the sump. Break it up if you need too. Don't put the rubble in there though. I would keep it at a minimum of golf ball sized chunks.

LET IT CYCLE FOR 1 MONTH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Nice set up BTW!

NanoReefNovice

Looking good! :happy:

I agree w/masterbuilder, loose those two rocks and i think it will look a lot more balanced and open. :)

patrick1234

pump has been changed.

IMG_1576.jpg

And oooooooo so close.

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

And this was free so I fig why not.

IMG_1573-1.jpg

Also that rock is to cover up the lock line

patrick1234

for the brain do I need to feed it any thing. also as you can see it looks all bleach out and dieing is it going to make it maby?

patrick1234

How is that mean a coral on its way out in a tank that I change 4 gal of water on the tank every day (soft cycle) mean?

Very nice build.

As far as the brain goes, if it dies in there its only going to pollute your beautiful new tank, I'd give it to a local reefer or LFS to rehab it, it will do much better in an established system.

NanoReefNovice
How is that mean...

...if it fully dies off I wont care.

:( , research a real soft cycle, daily water changes inst it, adding livestock during also inst it.

patrick1234

I under stand that soft cycle is more then just wc im doing more then just that. Also I fig it is just as likley to die in this as the other tank

i agree with losing those rocks that other people mentioned (top left and bottom right as you look at the pic) it will look sick once you do that and give it a more natural feel. check out my thread i recently took out 3 major rocks to give it a more open feel and i like it way more tho at first it was hard to part with rocks that i had grown attached to (one had probably 30 palys on it) and had spent money on. at least take them out and look at it and see how u feel.

with the free brain.....at the very least this animal needs target feeding mysis/cyclops-eeze via eye dropper with the pumps turned off for 10 mins, i had a brain coral for over a year an a half and trust me u need to feed it, the one i had before that my lfs told me would be fine living off phyto i just put in the tank every 3 days.....that brain lived for about 3 months before starving to death (before i started using the internet for research)

:)

So for the hell of it I found some one to look after the brain tell after my tank is ready

fingerscrossed

That's good news!

Keep up the good work with the tank!

patrick1234
fingerscrossed

That's good news!

Keep up the good work with the tank!

:)

Lol what can I say I cave under pier pressure

patrick1234
Looks nice. What did you use to cut the overflow grooves into the acrylic?

Its 1/4 glass and I used a dreamle and glass cuting bit

Lol what can I say I cave under pier pressure

EVERYONE caves under PIER pressure (lol a long wooden structure used to tie a boat to)...but apparently you cave under PEER pressure (force of personality from your friends).

Sorry, I am not really a spelling Nazi, but the unintended pun was too funny!

E

supreme_spork
Yes it is. But it was free and so if it fully dies off I wont care.

Glad you saw the light and moved the brain.

FWIW, saying stuff like the above will not make you any friends on the forum -- people here care about the health of everything in our tanks and take that care seriously, and don't generally respond well when people say "it's just a stupid coral, f*** it."

You don't want to be one of the people who starts a 1,000 comment flame war in your build thread, as they never end well for the OP. B)

patrick1234

Ok so I moved out the other rocks:) what do you think?????

Remimber brain is going to be moved later on to day. And the green shrooms wher on some live rock since I did not put them in my self and with that they are stuck to that rock so im not messing with them.

IMG_1583.jpg

Archived