Pod Your Reef

70w MH build UPDATE!

cloons411

I'm trying to figure out WTH the pics are all about, too.

Apparently he's disguised his wiring by using native flora.

Haha yeah sorry about that. I switched around my photobucket and haven't been on here in a while. I had no clue that my pics got screwed. Those were pics of my poison dart frog vivarium. I fixed it and is all better now.

Hey guys, i'm new here so this will be my first post. I'm looking at making a 20 long nano reef after keeping freshwater for a couple years. I have a ton of computer parts lying around my house, so I think after taking a trip to Greybar (after the wifes permission) i'll start building one of these, i'm going to shoot for a 150w HQI, I think that should be enough light for a 20L under a hood? Or any suggestions would be nice, I just honestly don't want to spend a ton of money for the first little while, so I am going to go the whole DIY route (that and I don't want to do one of the cheap 10g nano lagoon's with the walmart hood)

Anyways, awesome idea! it's guys like you that talked me into this hobby :P

If you are gonna do a 150w pendent I would suggest getting a pendent designed for it. I tried the 150w in the same housing that I used on the 70w, it just doesn't work.

If you need any help shoot me a pm.

Archived