SaltCritters.com

Neomeris annulata overtaking my display

CONSTANTNE

No matter how much I pull out it keeps coming back.

2490194490067972724S600x600Q85.jpg

Any suggestions? Would any fish or invert eat it?

Edited by CONSTANTNE
No matter how much I pull out it keeps coming back.

2490194490067972724S600x600Q85.jpg

Any suggestions? Would any fish or invert eat it?

i love neomeris :D

stuff comes back even after sitting in a sealed bucket of SW with no circulation for months at a time.

best to pull it out, and outcompete it with something like caulerpa in the fuge.

No its the devil! On my sand, glass, rocks, frags, and even hermit crabs

I was actually thinking if having it in a sealed bucket would make it die off. Guess I was wrong. :scarry:

lol, i got one stalk of it in one tank, and it's followed me everywhere since. i got rid of hair algae and aiptasia in a bucket LONG before the neomeris even looked unhappy. and then, even when it looks gone, it pops back up.

but i think its cute *shrugs* especially when my decorator crab grabs some.

It may be different for you but I ended up taking down my BC29, which had been running for 19 months, because of this cr*p. Between it and vermitids, I'm not sure which is worse.

For me, it seemed like the more I pulled out, the more it came back and spread. You can check out my old thread to see the jungle I had going. Best to try and have something to outcompete it.

I cant believe it growns so fast i have 2 measley pieces in my tank and like the way it looks

its fucnny that it just popped up after the tank had been up over a year.

maybe i only like it because it didnt take my tank over like my got run over with grape algae

I cant believe it growns so fast i have 2 measley pieces in my tank and like the way it looks

its fucnny that it just popped up after the tank had been up over a year.

maybe i only like it because it didnt take my tank over like my got run over with grape algae

Mine was the exact same way. I never saw it at all for at least a year. Then I saw a little patch, thought it was cool and then the invasion began :)

How much do you want for it shipped to me?

seriously.

Wish I would have known...I could have shipped you all of my rock with plenty on it. Instead it drying on the porch.

So I guess there isnt a fish or invert that will munch on this stuff?

Eklikewhoa - I dont know if I would want to give you this curse. Seriously, if you want some send me a pm (I HAVE PLENTY)

So I guess there isnt a fish or invert that will munch on this stuff?

Eklikewhoa - I dont know if I would want to give you this curse. Seriously, if you want some send me a pm (I HAVE PLENTY)

I dont think anything will eat it because from my understanding it is a calcium based algae like halimeda and therefore not much will eat it

especially anything suitable in size for a nano

johnmaloney

the best way to get rid of it is to post you have it and don't want it anymore. That stuff is awesome! Eklikewhoa isn't joking, hah I figured I would see you here EK. I think a nice clump will look awesome in the wave tank. By the way the new pics are nice too, I like how you have keep changing the aquascape up. Macro tanks kind of do it themselves a bit, is it all you or are you seeing cycles in which algae dominates?

Sorry to hijack, -yeah nothing will reef and nano safe will eat it really. (No nano? Tangs will pick at it for digestion purposes and it is apparently good to have around. Parrotfish will get it out quick, corals too though...) If you can let your calcium dip it really sends them into decline it seems. Risky move though, it happened to me b/c of my own negligence.

Edited by johnmaloney
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I have been pulling out what I could but it really is no help.

At the moment I have given up on trying to totally get rid of it.

• 8 years later...
On 3/28/2009 at 8:33 PM, CONSTANTNE said:

Thanks for the information. I have been pulling out what I could but it really is no help.

At the moment I have given up on trying to totally get rid of it.

how did u get rid of the Neomeris Annulata? i have a few of them  and well  u dont want my tank to grow them :(