Pod Your Reef

Professor's 40 Breeder

Professor

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hows the tank coming professor. Did you ever get thoses plans done?

Didn't get any work done on it over the weekend because of the rain. I did manage to get the rest of the lumber though. I am working on a copy of the plans, should have them done soon.

Sweet. I love 40b's. I'm also interested in how the project is coming.

Thanks!

the stand looks great. Now drill it! I drilled mine and it was easy. I just got mine up and running.

Been emailing the guys at Glass Holes for more info. Still trying to make up my mind.

nice stand, prof.

i suppose i'm required to say "drill it"?

Thanks D! It's been a while since we have chatted. Need to get my sorry butt over to you and your brides tank threads and check the status. I have been watching your photography threads though. Great stuff!

I guess I won't be cool unless I drill, huh? :huh:

-Prof

Thanks D! It's been a while since we have chatted. Need to get my sorry butt over to you and your brides tank threads and check the status. I have been watching your photography threads though. Great stuff!

I guess I won't be cool unless I drill, huh? :huh:

-Prof

eh, no need. all but the cw tank has been dismantled and moved into other locations without tank threads for a while at least. rebuilding time for now :) thanks

tbh, though, i really would drill it and plug it if you don't want to deal with it now. that way, if you change your mind, at least the hole(s) are already there. but there are definitely advantages not to doing it as well :)

eh, no need. all but the cw tank has been dismantled and moved into other locations without tank threads for a while at least. rebuilding time for now :) thanks

tbh, though, i really would drill it and plug it if you don't want to deal with it now. that way, if you change your mind, at least the hole(s) are already there. but there are definitely advantages not to doing it as well :)

Darn. I loved your first biotope tank. Just got finished catching up on your CW tank, it is amazing!

I probably will end up drilling the tank. The more I consider it the more the pros outweigh the cons. This is the last tank I will be setting up for some time (with the exception of a couple side projects) so I want to make sure I get it right.

Sorry we didn't get the chance to hook up this sumer for a Chesapeake Bay collecting trip. I have spent the better part of the last year and a half taking care of a sick parent. That's why I have not been very active here or with my tank build. My Bay biotope is still on the drawing board so maybe we can take a shot at it this year.

-Prof

Darn. I loved your first biotope tank. Just got finished catching up on your CW tank, it is amazing!

I probably will end up drilling the tank. The more I consider it the more the pros outweigh the cons. This is the last tank I will be setting up for some time (with the exception of a couple side projects) so I want to make sure I get it right.

Sorry we didn't get the chance to hook up this sumer for a Chesapeake Bay collecting trip. I have spent the better part of the last year and a half taking care of a sick parent. That's why I have not been very active here or with my tank build. My Bay biotope is still on the drawing board so maybe we can take a shot at it this year.

-Prof

lmk if/when you want to go. i've been checking out the guidebooks, looks like a lot of interesting livestock could be pulled out of the bay. glad to see you back around and posting :)

Guess mine isn't cool then... :tears:

nope :P

Guess mine isn't cool then... :tears:

Yours is uber-cool!!!

lmk if/when you want to go. i've been checking out the guidebooks, looks like a lot of interesting livestock could be pulled out of the bay. glad to see you back around and posting :)

Thanks! There are a lot of great things out there if you go to a good spot. I have seen nems, pipefish, a funky little black crab that inhabits oyster beds, shrimp and some cool macros. And that was just wading and snorkling. We will have to make a plan when it gets a bit warmer.

-Prof

OK. Finally have finished construction of the stand except for the doors. Everything is trimmed out and ready for sanding, stain and finish. I think it looks pretty good. :) Doors will follow as soon as I get the lumber milled.

100_0684.jpg

100_0685.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0687.jpg

I will probably be be placing an order from Glass Holes in a couple of days. I think I am going to go with their 700gph overflow kits with two 3/4" returns.

-Prof

Very nice stand... looks profesional!

Thanks!!!

I love your stand you did a great job. I'm really looking forward to seeing this tank get stocked :D

Thank you. I can't wait to get my livestock moved over and have room for some new things as well!

the 700 kit is what I have on my 40.

How are you liking it? What return pump are you using and how many GPH is it pushing?

-Prof

i use a quiet one 3000 gated back some. Im happy with it, takes a little playing around with to quiet down the overflow some.

That pretty much matches the flow of the Maxi-jet submersible utility pump I am going to use. I may have to hit you up for tips on how you quieted the overflow down. Thanks for the info!

-Prof

Archived