Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lani's 40 Breeder

Lalani

New pics of said setosa hitch hiker plz!

My tank is almost re-done, wait till you see it. Green instead of orange, is the hint.

Omg, you're so demanding. :P

I still haven't gotten around to cutting the rock that setosa is on, but it's growing nicely and it's a bright pink now, with many more polyps. i'll get another shot of it when I can.

Hmmm, sounds interesting, can't wait to see what you've done with the tank. :)

Looking forward to watching this progress. (BTW, I have had my 40 BR for 18 months and just started working on the stand last weekend) :o

-Prof

Get a move on it!! :P

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a move on it!! :P

All right lass, it's a race! B)

Heading to get the last bit of oak I need for the stand right now. I'll post progress pics this evening.

-Prof

Have you seen the CurrentUSA subcurrent filters. I just picked one up from premiumaquatics yesterday for my 40breeder and it does a pretty good job of surface skimming.

Get some pics of the stand up ASAP!

WTH, why am I the last one to find out about this tank? :P

I want one!!!

Tagged..

Steve

Thread fail. No pictures. :(

There were three pictures, I'll have you know. :P

All right lass, it's a race! B)

Heading to get the last bit of oak I need for the stand right now. I'll post progress pics this evening.

-Prof

A race it is. B)

OOOh he threw down the gauntlet

:popcorn:

I got this, don't worry!

Have you seen the CurrentUSA subcurrent filters. I just picked one up from premiumaquatics yesterday for my 40breeder and it does a pretty good job of surface skimming.

Yeah, I saw the subcurrent filters, but, imo, it would clutter up the display even more than the hob w/surface skimmer.

WTH, why am I the last one to find out about this tank? :P

I want one!!!

DO EET

dang that was fast. did you build that from scratch? nice job.

are you going to be able to get in there to access the equipment? wait...were you having a sump?

:lol: Yeah, it's from scratch, 2x4 skeleton and MDF shell. (before anyone says it, yes, I know mdf will swell if it gets wet) I had a lot of free help from my mom and dad, lol.

There won't be any sump, so I just left the back bottom open enough to keep the electrical parts hidden.

All that's left is to putty the holes, sand, prime, and paint. :)

psykobowler

I use one for my 34 gallon cube. It requires more maintenance than the aquaclear surface skimmer because the subcurrent does not adjust for water height.

Holes have been puttied... tomorrow I'll pick up some sandpaper, primer, and paint and might have that done before mid-week. :wizard:

Holes have been puttied... tomorrow I'll pick up some sandpaper, primer, and paint and might have that done before mid-week. :wizard:

Stand looks good Lani. Looks like we are neck and neck! Something tells me you are going to finish first though. -_-

Give that MDF several good coats of enamel paint and it will hold up fine/

-Prof

Archived