Top Shelf Aquatics

Aspec's Solana Reef Tank

ASpec

Did you get the dry dock set up yet?

Sorry for the long delay in response.

Yes, I do have it setup. Fits perfect and is water tight! Awesome work Steve!

Anyone on the fence about this should do it. The pump looks SOOOO much better this way. All you see is the wet side and it's almost centered on the back wall making water flow nearly perfect.

Do you feel it has to be black? I am thinking of making it clear since I can't see my welds with the current color.

I don't necessarly think it has to be black, however I would not make it an off the wall color, clear would work fine. You don't see it unless you are working in the back/rear chambers of the tank.

Quick update. The stock skimmer has been driving me nuts over the past couple weeks. Besides being loud the production of skim mate has become undepednable.

In light of this... here is my new skimmer!

nano-protein-skimmers-ns25-3lclg.jpg

http://www.nanoreefsystems.com/

Thanks to Robert over at EuroReef. He spent nearly 45 minutes with me on the phone talking about how to make this skimmer effectively work in the Solana. I will post some updated pic's of the tank and show you this bad boy in action this weekend.

TriggerHappyDude

Yes please do, I want to see this thing working, and how it looks in the back of the tank there.

Would you mind explaining the dry dock a little more? Is it simply a little waterproof tray that you can put in the middle chamber to hold the back end of the MP20? Its a great idea, but I want to make sure I understand its purpose.

Thanks!

TriggerHappyDude
Would you mind explaining the dry dock a little more? Is it simply a little waterproof tray that you can put in the middle chamber to hold the back end of the MP20? Its a great idea, but I want to make sure I understand its purpose.

Thanks!

Thats its purpose, so you can put the MP20/MP10/MP40w in the back back of the tank wall, and not get the other side wet.

Funny, those have been ON SALE for months at http://sapphireaquatics.com I own one...just haven't set it up yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TriggerHappyDude

How's the Dry Dock box working for you? I'm having a little trouble with mine, wondered if you set yours up on top of the blue filter pad and grate or if you removed that?

Archived