inTank Media Baskets

new skimer on the market

snowmaker

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brooksthepro
Not very, a little bit of slurping, but its still breaking in after all.

I can't hear it over my overflow, I'll put it tat way.

ya the only noise it makes is a bit of slurping, but its not as loud as my filter.

Will it fit in the back of an ap12 with hood. I'm out of town till Monday so I can't measure. I'm too excited to wait. LOL

These are too big to fit in any of the rear chambers of 12/14g AIOs. It could fit in some of the 24/29g AIOs with a little massaging to the rim of the tank.

brooksthepro

this picture is after about 2 days...it was a little hard to adjust but i think i finally got it right....water is starting to get nice and brown! 2/3 of the water in the cup was clear water when i was still adjusting so it got mixed with about 1/3 skim.....u get the picture, ill post another pic after another couple days with it now adjusted properly.

IMG_8139.jpg

For those with a JBJ 24DX, it fits in the chambers with just a little trimming of the lip on the back top of the tank. Just installed mine about an hour ago. :D

this picture is after about 2 days...it was a little hard to adjust but i think i finally got it right....water is starting to get nice and brown! 2/3 of the water in the cup was clear water when i was still adjusting so it got mixed with about 1/3 skim.....u get the picture, ill post another pic after another couple days with it now adjusted properly.

IMG_8139.jpg

If thats 2/3 clear water, it's already doing better than the Biocube skimmer. I wish it would fit in the BC14. I'm just going to make my own.

No hardware store I find carries weldon :(

Thus no DIY skimmer since Weldon is $20 shipped to hawaii,

in the end it would cost as much as this skimmer.

disaster999

you dont have to use weldon.

PVC cleaner welds acrylic as well. ive built tanks and sumps using PVC cleaner with no problems.

No hardware store I find carries weldon :(

Thus no DIY skimmer since Weldon is $20 shipped to hawaii,

in the end it would cost as much as this skimmer.

MEK (Methyl ethyl keytone) will work to bond acrylic too.

disaster999
I'm going to call around :)

home depot and lowes should have a can of that stuff in their paint department. check it out

I don't ever recall a Lowe's when i was stationed in Hawai'i but I know there is a Home depot by Aiea but then again completely different island.

The big island is pretty empty compared to Honolulu.

It's grown,there are at least two dozen more franchises in Kona that have been started in the pass 6 years.

I kind of love that about the Kona though is much more laid back, kind of like Kauai. The Big Island kind of holds a special place for me though I hiked up Mauna Kea in 07 on New years eve at midnight hard to describe how beautiful it is up there.

I just picked one of these up. I need to fine tune it and get it to skim. Manual sucks. I am going to use it on my 20 long frag tank i am setting up at the moment.

Adolfo

returnofsid

Following along as this skimmer was just brought to my attention on another forum!! Anyone know how well it'll fit in an AP24 yet? Also, if it won't fit in the chamber, can it be used as a HOB?

1st post! I enjoy this site a lot.

I also have a BC skimmer and after moding it with a longer tube it still only skims when i turkey baste...kinda a POS in my opinion.

Any new pics on the skimmate of this new skimmer? what about the micro bubble issues? Thanks.

Chris

1st post! I enjoy this site a lot.

I also have a BC skimmer and after moding it with a longer tube it still only skims when i turkey baste...kinda a POS in my opinion.

Any new pics on the skimmate of this new skimmer? what about the micro bubble issues? Thanks.

Chris

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com!

Mine has broken in very well after about a week. It puts out very few microbubbles now and is very quiet.

DSC02649.jpg

This is what its been pulling!

I think it was a great purchase, for the price you can't beat it!

Hope that helps!

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com!

Mine has broken in very well after about a week. It puts out very few microbubbles now and is very quiet.

DSC02649.jpg

This is what its been pulling!

I think it was a great purchase, for the price you can't beat it!

Hope that helps!

wow, that was quick. Ask and yee shall receive! thanks for the welcome!

that looks pretty wet though???????? are you trying to wet skim?

I have an 8 gallon with an AC-70 fuge with ATO so it i wet skimmed that much my salinity would dive quite a bit :o

what tank are you using this on? is it stocked heavy?

Archived