Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new skimer on the market

snowmaker

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mine in place, just not running atm. I need to find the CD it came with to figure out how to properly tune it.

coralcor- it is about 3"x3"x10", very small, I would think so.

I have mine in place, just not running atm. I need to find the CD it came with to figure out how to properly tune it.

coralcor- it is about 3"x3"x10", very small, I would think so.

LxWxH right?

LxWxH right?

Yup, I took some pics for you, too.

The second one is it in my sump, its a 10G AGA and the chamber it sits in is about 4x4.

post-39401-1237927441_thumb.jpg

post-39401-1237927458_thumb.jpg

cool got to find a tape measure. it works good? i bet any thing is better thank the stock red sea max skimmer

how about micro bubbles. my red sea max skimmer lets a tun of micro bubbles off

cool got to find a tape measure. it works good? i bet any thing is better thank the stock red sea max skimmer

how about micro bubbles. my red sea max skimmer lets a tun of micro bubbles off

I'm still tuning it, so idk how well it works yet, seems to be good, but the proof is in the skimmate, of which I have none as of now.

It blasts out a lot of microbubbles.

I'm still tuning it, so idk how well it works yet, seems to be good, but the proof is in the skimmate, of which I have none as of now.

It blasts out a lot of microbubbles.

rely? in to the tank?

rely? in to the tank?

Well its in my sump, so it hits a prefilter and bubbletrap before the return pump, so not in my case.

Break in could also affect the bubble issue, I know some of the 9002's are bubble factory's when they are new.

thats what i was thinking too.

I have to get one setup again. The one I had setup, one of my good customers forced me to let him take it home to his tank (only one I had in the store at that time). I will get another setup ASAP to try and get some pictures of.

Kim

I have to get one setup again. The one I had setup, one of my good customers forced me to let him take it home to his tank (only one I had in the store at that time). I will get another setup ASAP to try and get some pictures of.

Kim

sweet thanks! i rely need a better skimmer. and this one would save me like 100$!!!!

Microbubbles in the display could be a deal breaker for some.

I agree, however, it will be a while before we'll be able to see those results.

My Deltec MC500 produced q good amount of micro bubbles. After a few weeks of breaking in, however, they disappeared.

oh how loud is it? i had another question but i cant remember it.

Not very, a little bit of slurping, but its still breaking in after all.

I can't hear it over my overflow, I'll put it tat way.

When I had mine running while doing a little testing it was more of a motor hum almost like some of the MH ballasts. Not bad though just noticable.

Not very, a little bit of slurping, but its still breaking in after all.

I can't hear it over my overflow, I'll put it tat way.

the slurping i can fix. know a few mods if i can find the link i can post it.

and i can just stick it in to the wire chamber of my RSM. but i bet any thing is quieter than this skimmer i have now.

The slurping might also be from the way you have it wedged up against the glass it might be sucking in on it. When I had mine up it never made a slurping noise.

brooksthepro

Just finished setting it up so i obviously cant say how well it works yet but it looks to be a pretty solid product so far.

pictures:

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg

IMG_8122.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

as for microbubbles, yes it spits out micro bubbles, but its not bad enough for me to return it, and if it did get really bad, im sure there would be a way to deflect/confine them, with a bit of plastic.

i was able to fit it in my eclipse 3 hood perfectly.

Archived