Pod Your Reef

new skimer on the market

snowmaker

Cool, I'm looking forward to checking them out, I wonder if the skimmer will fit in my solana? I think it would that those demensions.

Bruce

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did some research on the skimmer and it is only rated for tanks up to 30 gallons, mine is 34. But then again with all the LR I have there is probably only 28-30 gallons anyway. Still thinking about getting it, the price is great!

Bruce

dang some one post some pics in use lol i want one. but im so friggen broke.

Lol same boat I am in hence why I haven't posted in use pics.

anyone know if this would fit into one of the chambers of an NC12?

It will not fit into the chamber of my NC 12DX. If you do some cutting on the trim at the back of the tank it might fit, but I don't think so.

Kim

The AC110 I bought is now waiting for me at home, so I will (hopefully) be able to test-fit it tonight.

The AC110 was waiting for me as expected - here are the pics. IMO, this will work just fine with slight modification of the AC - either the little tabs at the bottom of the filter will need to be cut out, or the output grate raised slightly to raise the water level in the main chamber. The pics show the skimmer roughly 1/2" higher than it would sit if the tabs inside the filter were cut.

Unfortunately I don't yet have a saltwater tank (I'm working on it - hence this gear!) to actually run it in, but from the looks of it it seems to fit very well, with lots of room left over for chaeto, floss, etc.

Pics!

EDIT: Added the last pic with a beer cap (mmm, Sprecher) and a nimble nano for size reference!

QbnSuperman

looks good. can't wait for an update on how it works.

i'd really love to know if there's anyway to get this thing in other cube's (i have a bc14, want a new skimmer for chamber 1).

brooksthepro

sorry for the old thread bump, but just thought i would say i ordered this yesterday and will post pics once i get it up and running. On sale right now for 48 bucks at marinedepot.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome deal!

If it's a good skimmer,I'll be really happy.

$60 on a skimmer not $140 on a remora :)

Would be perfect for my 7 gallon.

Archived