Coral Vue Hydros

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

Sucks that they have such poor survival rates. They look small enough to be kept in most nanos. Do they school most of the time?

That's the best part they school 100% of the time. Day and night.

The worst part is their survival rate is always that bad regardless of your tank size.

I'm down to 10 and I'm trying to keep it that way. I believe that they need a lot of food since they never ever stop swimming, so I feed them 3 times a day. I'm hoping this is the 'trick' to keeping most of them around.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpankythePyro

wow that sucks what are you feeding them?

I can imagine that rots would be good, and just hatched mysis/brine

wow that sucks what are you feeding them?

I can imagine that rots would be good, and just hatched mysis/brine

Im thinking that these little bugger die because of malnutrition. I'm very carefully watching my school, and one guy has a flat/concave tummy. I fed a bunch this morning trying to get him to eat, but his school mates hog all the food. I'm going to try and start raising live brine or mysis in my sump for a constant flow of food, similar strategy to feeding anthias.

or was it too soon yet?

A little, but i'm always looking for nice a genicanthus. :happy:

8... :angry:

Feedings upped to 3 times a day, with mysis and cyclopeeze.

24/7 brine hatching comming soon. These buggers better live after all this effort.

Geez, picky little buggers, eh? :(

not so much that they're picky, its just they do a LOT of swimming.

I believe that in nature, these buggers just school in a cloud above the reef, and eat what passes right in front of their face, since thats all they seem to do in my tank. The lowest man on the totem pole starves, because I simply can't saturate my tank with enough food to keep the least aggressive of the pack eating.

6. >_<

I'm begginning to hate these little bastards.

I FEED AND I FEED but my love goes unrequited. WTF.

Feeding 6 times a day now, and using a new theory ezcompany came up with after looking at my tank tonight. I'm turning the flow wayyy down at night so they don't expend so many calories.

I've even tried coaching the skinny ones to eat, by isolating them and just blasting cyclopeeze in the breeder net.... but still nothing.

please.

Please donate money. :)

:( Just read through the thread. Beautiful tank... good luck keeping the school!

Thank you. I don't think luck will have much of a part to play. These little bastards seem INTENT on breaking my heart. :\

AdriftQuasar

The dwindling numbers of the school really sucks, but the tank as a whole is awesome on a magnitude that cannot be adequately expressed in any known language.

The dwindling numbers of the school really sucks, but the tank as a whole is awesome on a magnitude that cannot be adequately expressed in any known language.

klingon, duhh

I'm tired of going back 100 pages to see if anybody replied to this thread, so i'm bumping for easy viewing.

yes i'm an attention whore.

I added a brine hatcher, in an effort feed the needy parvulus. We also have a new addition that I will snap a pic of if he ever comes out of hiding. -_-

Archived