Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48x30x20" ~ 100ish gallons

48x30x20

= 124 and some change rounding to 125g :) and depending on the size of your sump i think it would be safe to call it the "Project150" ;) its up to you tho.

ur rock work is AMAZING!!!!!! i love those little schooling fish as well! i should probably take a few pix of the racing bike my father passed down to me last summer for my birthday! (keep in mind the bike is from the 70's-80's)

may i ask how much they were?

They can be found for 5-20$ a piece.

You can also expect to see about 40% of them drop dead. They're reallllllly bad shippers. :\ This is also probably the reason you will almost never ever see them at a LFS.

48x30x20

= 124 and some change rounding to 125g :) and depending on the size of your sump i think it would be safe to call it the "Project150" ;) its up to you tho.

ur rock work is AMAZING!!!!!! i love those little schooling fish as well! i should probably take a few pix of the racing bike my father passed down to me last summer for my birthday! (keep in mind the bike is from the 70's-80's)

I usually end up naming the projects before I actually build them. Speaking of rock, you forgot to subtract rock displacement from the gallon total. :)

RACING BIKE FROM THE 70'S!? Get in the lounge and post em in the bike topic asap.

Madea - How many of the cardinals do you have now? I only have 5 out of 10.

Still love them though! I really want to get 10 more!

-Dave

Madea - How many of the cardinals do you have now? I only have 5 out of 10.

Still love them though! I really want to get 10 more!

-Dave

I heard of their 50% survival rate. Only expect half of mine to survive but fingers crossed.

How long did it take for yours to die off?

Over 2-3 weeks so far. You can really tell the ones that will live. I have a TON of flow in my tank and they love it. Honestly I could really care less about any other fish in my tank besides these. Having 15 or so swim through the corals when they grow out will be great.

Where did you get yours?

-D

They can be found for 5-20$ a piece.

You can also expect to see about 40% of them drop dead. They're reallllllly bad shippers. :\ This is also probably the reason you will almost never ever see them at a LFS.

I usually end up naming the projects before I actually build them. Speaking of rock, you forgot to subtract rock displacement from the gallon total. :)

RACING BIKE FROM THE 70'S!? Get in the lounge and post em in the bike topic asap.

ill take pix of the bike in a little while, and il make my dad rattle off as many of the parts as he can remember. Oh yea i guess i did forget about the rocks :P

Over 2-3 weeks so far. You can really tell the ones that will live. I have a TON of flow in my tank and they love it. Honestly I could really care less about any other fish in my tank besides these. Having 15 or so swim through the corals when they grow out will be great.

Where did you get yours?

-D

DAVE!

A shady friend of mine called me one morning and said I HAD TO MEET HIM ASAP with money. :lol:

so 2-3 weeks huh? How can you tell the ones that will live? All of mine school together, and eat flake/cyclopeeze. "Color" is good on everybody.

haha got ya. I was in the same boat too! Get here now!

Well The ones that I knew were going to take it were always a little "slower" than the rest. Some look like they will eat but dont and then others may stay towards the bottom of the school. Hopefully you will have a better success rate!

My next I plan on will be JUST like mine now but with the dimensions of 38x20x20. I would really like to get a hold off 50 of these guys. But this is WAY down the road!

-Dave

P.S Check my thread out tm. I should have some new pictures

Pray for my watanabe. Pray to anyone and everyone. :\

This morning she was swimming great, and then as the day went on she just went down hill.

Now shes breathing heavily on her side in the rock work.

I must not have been seeing the signs...

EDIT. Too late. :< :< :< :<

Upon autopsy, she MAY have had a couple different parasites. Some kind of infection and what looks like monogeneans, or scales.... unsure. Left fin rotted away, and was not bitten as suspected yesterday.

No other fish seem to be effected.. yet.

:(

Those cardinals are beautiful, btw. Where did you get them?

THANKYOU! I think so too.

A friend of mine called me up in the morning on monday.. told me to meet him ASAP and he'd be driving an hour to meet me in the middle.

I don't have a car so this is a huge hassle for me to go 20 miles and back, but I met him, and he surprised me with those buggers. I asked him "Where did you get these!?" and he told me it's a secret. -_- It wasn't a huge surprise.. A couple weeks before, I had asked him if he knew anywhere I could get them and he just said i'll get back to you.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was probably from a wholesaler whom he's doing sexual favors for, and being a real buddy and passing on the discount, or it could also have been from a LFS order, that whoever ordered, didn't want after it arrived...

These guys are pretty common from what i'm finding you just have to ask. They're on all the "wholesale lists" of stuff you can order, it's just that nobody actually goes and orders them because they EXTREMELY fragile. I've heard stories of ordering 25+ and having the whole shipment die after a couple weeks, but most commonly I hear about 40-50% of them die off.

I guess I should ask him for another watanabe. :tears: 6' tall 200lbs, but when my watanabe died.. I cried a little.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was probably from a wholesaler whom he's doing sexual favors for, and being a real buddy and passing on the discount

:haha:

I guess I should ask him for another watanabe. :tears: 6' tall 200lbs, but when my watanabe died.. I cried a little.

Awwww :(

Sucks that they have such poor survival rates. They look small enough to be kept in most nanos. Do they school most of the time?

Archived