Cultivated Reef

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

Awesome...I could keep typeing for the next 30 minutes about how awesome it is, but I think it will preserve some of the glory if I leave the awesome unexplained and simply say it one more time....

Awesome.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome.

If you met me in person you would probably note, that I say awesome about 3 times a minute. Awesome. It's my favorite word.

i demand you take a picture of your fixie

oh and beautiful tank ;)

P1030300.jpg

Good eyes. Hah. That's actually my roommates bike. Here's mine. I've since switch to a Fuji Roubaix frame(fixed), but it isn't finished so no pics yet. The roommates bike is basically the same thing with mustache bars and a euroasia imports drive train.

Robot.

Nothings really different yet. Wait a few weeks!

ay i demand you give me that frame right now, did you powdercoat it? I don't agree with the orange deep v's though :(

sick tank.

when at the outset you were like "I don't spend $ on this hobby" I wondered what I'd see, but this is really amazing. If you really did it on a tight budget, then all the more reason to be proud.

ay i demand you give me that frame right now, did you powdercoat it? I don't agree with the orange deep v's though :(

I sold it to my roommate. Old centurion. You should be able to find a bazzillion of them anywhere. Just plain old 4130 CrMo japanese. Yes. Powdercoat!

sick tank.

when at the outset you were like "I don't spend $ on this hobby" I wondered what I'd see, but this is really amazing. If you really did it on a tight budget, then all the more reason to be proud.

So far, we're under 2 grand, with rock and rke and everything. Yes it sounds like a lot of money (well it does to me at least), but the display alone is near 50% of that. About 1 large came out of pocket. The rest I made by selling off old tanks & equipt. (project24 and Super8). :D

I can't get the cardinals to get out of the rocks. :\

Sometimes they come out, but when I try and approach the tank with food they run away! ARGH.

The tank is looking great, nice build!

I didn't know you were into track bikes too, here's mine: http://www.chrismarks.com/bicycles/mercier3.jpg

:D CM can smell chain grease. One of my roommates and I have been riding fixed for years and years now. Actually, my whole house rides (all 4 of us) fixed.

+ EAI is in our neighboring town!

Nice Mercier. What crank is that? Looks awesome. Is that stock on the kilo?

Christopher Marks

Oh man to have EAI close by! It's probably been crazy to see the prices of everything shoot up over the past year or two. The crank is a TruVativ Touro, it comes stock on the Kilo TT. So far I've upgraded the pedals, bars, saddle, and fork. I hoping for a new wheelset next.

Post up your new Fuji when you get it finished! :)

The tank is looking great, nice build!

I didn't know you were into track bikes too, here's mine: http://www.chrismarks.com/bicycles/mercier3.jpg

:D CM can smell chain grease. One of my roommates and I have been riding fixed for years and years now. Actually, my whole house rides (all 4 of us) fixed.

+ EAI is in our neighboring town!

Nice Mercier. What crank is that? Looks awesome. Is that stock on the kilo?

Oh man to have EAI close by! It's probably been crazy to see the prices of everything shoot up over the past year or two. The crank is a TruVativ Touro, it comes stock on the Kilo TT. So far I've upgraded the pedals, bars, saddle, and fork. I hoping for a new wheelset next.

Post up your new Fuji when you get it finished! :)

i'm jealous :( I still can't seem to find a cheap frame

i'm jealous :( I still can't seem to find a cheap frame

CL. Just check it 3 times a day.

build me a bike.

Will do robot. I'll start looking today..

Too much bike stuff not enough tank stuff...like PICHURZ!

I got a goooood update comming saturday ok!? Geez. :D

So I was wondering where alll the algae was comming from,, so i did what any reasonable person would do and tested my tank.

CA - 420ppm ~ good

Alk - 10dkh ~ good

Mag - 1260 ~ good

Ammonia - 0ppm ~ good

Nitrite - 0 ppm ~ good

Nitrate - 20ppm ~ reasonable for a new tank

Phosphate - 2 ppm ~ argh.

I've learned to hate the two-little fishies reactor. It's big, ugly, a hassle to use and leaky. I've tried modding them, and improving them or simplifying them in various ways to no avail. I've used these devices for years, and finally I stopped the vicious cycle. A friend showed me the simplicity, media reactor. It looked like just what I needed.... however, due to the DIY theme... you know what happened...

So now I present to you...

P1040625.jpg

Quick and dirty, $8.00 DIY simplicity-style up flow media reactor.

3" Diameter

Nylon mesh to catch the bits

Mini Jet 404 to push the water

I think next time i'll spring for some clear 3" pvc so I can see what's going on in there.... and paint it WHITE... cross your fingers just in case. :)

Sorry about the delay kids.

P1040633.jpg

This weekend we have the introduction of CORLZ! LARGE CORLZ! The biggest i've ever had. :D

I got a killer amazing retarded deal.

oh..

and then there's this...

P1040644.jpg

Nice genicanthus wantabei madea, should've got a pair of bellus or personatus lol.

I don't want bellus, or personatus.

:huh:

Archived