ReefCleaners.org

Kevin's Picotope

imkevin20

Thats gonna be a sick @ss replica. I feel like fake decorations are more acceptable in FW more than saltwater.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but the ship sank in the ocean :(

hahaha

im the same way though, just because with fw, you dont have corals making everything look better

i like the noting but rock and sand look, but i wanted something unique that made my tank stand out FAR beyond anyone elses

fake plants look ridiculous, the fake ships looked....FAKE, so i thought id shell out the money to get one custom done

Okay, no real new updates just some more shots of my coral frags :P

frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg

rasberry reds?

zoo1.jpg

and the others

zoo2.jpg

that one on the left is always kinda awkward, it never fully opens haha, im probably gonna move it somewhere else and see if that does anything?

kinda slacking off on updates (getting new corals and lights) i just dropped a few bills on my new pair of pants

for those of you who like designer jeans :P

nudies.jpg

lathaer.jpg

and why i love summer :D

shoes.jpg

enjoy! haha

(yes i have alot of free time)

haha me too! i hate socks so i wear flip flops 90% of the time. i start my new job tomorrow so now that i'll have more money ill probably come home with like 8 more pairs this weekend :P

kinda slacking off on updates (getting new corals and lights) i just dropped a few bills on my new pair of pants

for those of you who like designer jeans :P

nudies.jpg

lathaer.jpg

and why i love summer :D

shoes.jpg

enjoy! haha

(yes i have alot of free time)

Dude, i think you need to get on the reefs. The beer bottle openers are cool i had a hip flask pair but they were disasterous! I am one of the only english guys that will wear flip flops year round. I have a friend that i have seen in shoes only at university balls and work other than that its flip flops all the way. The bottle opener ones are really comfy and come in some kick ass colours too.

For your sump plans, are you still thinking of a sump? I am considering using this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-Lt-Natural-New-Pl...id=p4634.c0.m14 using a power head off an old filter to run the water back to the tank that way i will only have an inlet strainer visable, i have a lid on my tank and it is boxed too (you can see it from the thread link in my sig) so the spray bar wouldn't even be visable. I don't think i would even use a power head if i used a spray bar i think the flow would be enough from the sump. Can divy up the sump for cheato heater filter floss and carbon. What do you think? I'm wanting reassurance before i do it myself!

el fabuloso
haha me too! i hate socks so i wear flip flops 90% of the time. i start my new job tomorrow so now that i'll have more money ill probably come home with like 8 more pairs this weekend :P

Ha ha! I don't even know how many pairs I have, I've lost count. I wear flip flops all year long but when you live in Vegas, you can get away with it. ;)

Oh man! I didnt know reef made flask flip flops! I just checked them out and those are innssannnee! Im actually ordering a pair as I type this along with some nice leather ones. :P

Thanks for turning me onto those.

As for the sump I think I'm gonna just run without a filter on this tank, I think as long as I keep up my WC's I'll be good to go with some filter feeders in there too.

Once I move and set my 15g back up again I will definitely go sump on it. I think I might drill it though =\

Thats a good idea on your sump, I did the same thing with my mixed saltwater, I had a powerhead inside the tub that was connected to some PVC, all I had to do was plug it in and it would bring fresh water up to my tank. Very easy to make and VERY effective. I dont use it on my pico because its such a small amount I just siphon it from my 5gal jug. The 18 gal that I used took up too much space :P

Ha ha! I don't even know how many pairs I have, I've lost count. I wear flip flops all year long but when you live in Vegas, you can get away with it. ;)

Yeah the only times I dont wear flip flops was for work, in texas we can get away with it as well :P

I asked at my new job if I could wear them there but it was a no go :( its just temporary til I move so maybe once I move my job there will let me :P

Placed my order for these three, this should be a good summer collection for this year:

5007-820214-p.jpg

6901-822074-p.jpg

ReefDram.jpg

in bobby dram :D

el fabuloso

Oh wow that flask flip flop is interesting, but kinda gross. :unsure:

I'm sure I wouldn't mind drinking out of it once I'm already drunk. :P

Rainbows is a solid company, the sandal forms to your foot which feels awesome. Its like your wearing nothing at all. I live in a beach community so thats huge around here.

Oh wow that flask flip flop is interesting, but kinda gross. :unsure:

I'm sure I wouldn't mind drinking out of it once I'm already drunk. :P

i dont care either way :P hahahah

in all honesty i really DOUBT i use the flask part much at all, but i still think its a pretty cool idea. and for those days when i just wanna add a little something else to my pineapple juice at work :P

el fabuloso
Rainbows is a solid company, the sandal forms to your foot which feels awesome. Its like your wearing nothing at all. I live in a beach community so thats huge around here.

I gotta check that out then. I'm flat-footed so sandals and flip-flops with arch support hurt my feet which is pretty much most flip flops from Aldo but they look so damn good I can't stop wearing them. :(

Oh man! I didnt know reef made flask flip flops! I just checked them out and those are innssannnee! Im actually ordering a pair as I type this along with some nice leather ones. :P

Thanks for turning me onto those.

As for the sump I think I'm gonna just run without a filter on this tank, I think as long as I keep up my WC's I'll be good to go with some filter feeders in there too.

Once I move and set my 15g back up again I will definitely go sump on it. I think I might drill it though =\

Thats a good idea on your sump, I did the same thing with my mixed saltwater, I had a powerhead inside the tub that was connected to some PVC, all I had to do was plug it in and it would bring fresh water up to my tank. Very easy to make and VERY effective. I dont use it on my pico because its such a small amount I just siphon it from my 5gal jug. The 18 gal that I used took up too much space :P

Yeah the only times I dont wear flip flops was for work, in texas we can get away with it as well :P

I asked at my new job if I could wear them there but it was a no go :( its just temporary til I move so maybe once I move my job there will let me :P

Placed my order for these three, this should be a good summer collection for this year:

5007-820214-p.jpg

6901-822074-p.jpg

ReefDram.jpg

in bobby dram :D

Just don't wear them on the beach! Firstly what ever comes out will be all salty. Be carefull with them too mine broke as did a friends. Maybe this was because we wore them empty alot and they couldn't cope with the presure. I wish i had a job that enabled me to spend that much on sandals in one spend!

Aldo makes some extremely nice dress shoes, like the Edwy.

I dress the ground up so shoes/flip flops and denim is where my money goes haha

Just don't wear them on the beach! Firstly what ever comes out will be all salty. Be carefull with them too mine broke as did a friends. Maybe this was because we wore them empty alot and they couldn't cope with the presure. I wish i had a job that enabled me to spend that much on sandals in one spend!

Lol I actually saved up alot of money from my last job, I quit it a month ago and im running down to empty now. But I start my new job tomorrow so I figured it would be okay to throw down some good money on my summers wear of shoes!

Aldo makes some extremely nice dress shoes, like the Edwy.

I dress the ground up so shoes/flip flops and denim is where my money goes haha

Lol I actually saved up alot of money from my last job, I quit it a month ago and im running down to empty now. But I start my new job tomorrow so I figured it would be okay to throw down some good money on my summers wear of shoes!

Were in the same boat, excluding you have a new job. I quit out of sheer hatred for the company i worked for! Living on my overdraft but that is close to maxed so looking round for something now! I want a job in my lfs, spend a good 5 hours there a week anyway so... may aswell get paid for it. Do you think i could gavity feed into the sump using just an intake pipe positioned to match the pumps rate? That 10l will be a welcome addition in terms of water to my system really. Gives me some freedom to up the stocking. Might even put some live rubble in the sump get some extra filtration. Where did you get the night light from?

They also make some extremely nice dress flip flops. :lol:

haha touche! with summer coming up i gotta find some good trends :(

with winter you can mix up coats and jackets and button downs and etc etc etc

summer is kinda limited on shorts and t shirts!

i needa find a good source for nice shirts =\

Were in the same boat, excluding you have a new job. I quit out of sheer hatred for the company i worked for! Living on my overdraft but that is close to maxed so looking round for something now! I want a job in my lfs, spend a good 5 hours there a week anyway so... may aswell get paid for it. Do you think i could gavity feed into the sump using just an intake pipe positioned to match the pumps rate? That 10l will be a welcome addition in terms of water to my system really. Gives me some freedom to up the stocking. Might even put some live rubble in the sump get some extra filtration. Where did you get the night light from?

i got the light from dr.fostersmith, its one of the lunar...lemme find a link: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...fm?pcatid=12760

i just drilled a hole in the stock lighting and mounted it on there. seems to be working great for me now.

as for the sump idea, im not really so sure... but it seems like that would work, it may be kinda tricky getting it to work right :P

el fabuloso

I can't wait for the summer time I'm so over this ridiculous cold weather. I'm beginning to feel the onset of a nasty cold. :(

I can't wait for the summer time I'm so over this ridiculous cold weather. I'm beginning to feel the onset of a nasty cold. :(

How cold is it over there? here today its been warm, about 9celcius and that is warm atm. Our summer is rarely more than 20 on a good day haha. I got some sweet animal boardies last summer, camo with pink patterns on them. Were pretty cool, could wear them with anything top and shirt wise.

Fab, what do you think to my sump idea? Its in this thread. BTW sorry for pinching the thread.

Miami Reefer

That second pair of sandals are really nice and be careful with the flask ones cause they break pretty easily. Here in Miami I wear sandal all year except for the three days a year that its cold and of course I cant wear them at work.

Archived