inTank Media Baskets

GB: VORTECH MP20 & MP40'S

K-MAN

Well Law School is kicking my Arse!! sorry if my responses are not as quick as you would like but I'm doing my best to respond to everyone as efficiently as humanly possible. Our GB is still alive, PM me for info. THANKS!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lakshwadeep
:) I just got my mp20 today, and I'm pleased with its performance. For those who may be still uneasy about k-man's reliability, I assure you that this process is secure and easy. The paypal invoice provided by the vendor is not an advance charge; only you decide to send the payment.
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for not responding. My grandmother passed two weeks ago and I was also in the midst of my second year finals at law school. Things have been a bit hectic to say the least. If will attempt to answer everyones pm's. The GB is still going. I am also starting a GB for the MP10 but I need like 20 people in order to get a good price break, although I dont even know what the price is going to be yet. Sorry for any inconvenience.

for the quickest response send me an email at skahana01@gmail.com

Sorry for not responding. My grandmother passed two weeks ago and I was also in the midst of my second year finals at law school. Things have been a bit hectic to say the least. If will attempt to answer everyones pm's. The GB is still going. I am also starting a GB for the MP10 but I need like 20 people in order to get a good price break, although I dont even know what the price is going to be yet. Sorry for any inconvenience.

for the quickest response send me an email at skahana01@gmail.com

Sorry for your loss K-Man. Sending you an email.

Thanx!

She was 91 and lived an amazing and fulfilling life and I got a chance to say goodbye. It could not have happened in a better way:)

Sorry to hear that.

Is there a group buy on the mp10. Im looking for one for my biocube. Or is it not available yet?

wolverine57

Please Read about Eco Marine Vortech Policy.

ECOTECH MARINE’S MAP POLICY

EcoTech Marine, LLC’s Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (MAP) EcoTech Marine, LLC (“EcoTech”) supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its dealers and distributors. EcoTech has built a strong reputation and following for its products among consumers. EcoTech shall not support through advertising or promotional materials, advertising or otherwise, advertisements or promotional materials that diminish or detract from the perceived value of EcoTech products. EcoTech has established a minimum advertised price (“MAP”) on all EcoTech products. The policy applies only to U.S. and Canadian dealers and distributors.

EcoTech’s MAP policy is as follows:

1.The MAP for all EcoTech products shall be listed on the EcoTech price sheet for dealers and distributors. MAP pricing is established by EcoTech for all EcoTech products and may be adjusted at any time by EcoTech at its sole discretion.

2. The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of EcoTech products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is not distributed to any customer.

3. The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by EcoTech or another manufacturer) with a product covered by EcoTech’s MAP is prohibited if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.

4. MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone. EcoTech dealers and distributors remain free to sell these products at any prices they elect.

5. MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and distributors may offer EcoTech products at any price in excess of the MAP established for such product.

6. EcoTech’s MAP policy does not limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP. Please fax or email the “Buyer Account Form” and “MAP Policy” to EcoTech Marine at 888.500.2907 or sales@ecotechmarine.com

7. EcoTech may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain of its products. In such events, EcoTech reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP with respect to the affected products by notifying all dealers of such change. EcoTech further reserves the right to adjust the MAP to its products at its sole discretion upon 7 days advance written notice to the dealers and distributors, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all EcoTech dealers and distributors. 8. Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership or distributorship. EcoTech does not intend to do business with dealers or distributors who degrade the image of EcoTech and its products. EcoTech shall not be required to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy. 9. The terms of this MAP policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties. This MAP policy has been established by EcoTech to help ensure the legacy of EcoTech as a top producer of high performance, high quality, aquarium products and to protect the reputation of its name and products.

Thank You for your time with this matter.

Eric Brennan

EcoTech Marine

Sales Manager

610.954.8480 x 104

Eric.Brennan@Ecotechmarine.com

www.ecotechmarine.com

Please Read about Eco Marine Vortech Policy.

ECOTECH MARINE’S MAP POLICY

EcoTech Marine, LLC’s Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (MAP) EcoTech Marine, LLC (“EcoTech”) supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its dealers and distributors. EcoTech has built a strong reputation and following for its products among consumers. EcoTech shall not support through advertising or promotional materials, advertising or otherwise, advertisements or promotional materials that diminish or detract from the perceived value of EcoTech products. EcoTech has established a minimum advertised price (“MAP”) on all EcoTech products. The policy applies only to U.S. and Canadian dealers and distributors.

EcoTech’s MAP policy is as follows:

1.The MAP for all EcoTech products shall be listed on the EcoTech price sheet for dealers and distributors. MAP pricing is established by EcoTech for all EcoTech products and may be adjusted at any time by EcoTech at its sole discretion.

2. The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of EcoTech products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is not distributed to any customer.

3. The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by EcoTech or another manufacturer) with a product covered by EcoTech’s MAP is prohibited if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.

4. MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone. EcoTech dealers and distributors remain free to sell these products at any prices they elect.

5. MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and distributors may offer EcoTech products at any price in excess of the MAP established for such product.

6. EcoTech’s MAP policy does not limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP. Please fax or email the “Buyer Account Form” and “MAP Policy” to EcoTech Marine at 888.500.2907 or sales@ecotechmarine.com

7. EcoTech may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain of its products. In such events, EcoTech reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP with respect to the affected products by notifying all dealers of such change. EcoTech further reserves the right to adjust the MAP to its products at its sole discretion upon 7 days advance written notice to the dealers and distributors, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all EcoTech dealers and distributors. 8. Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership or distributorship. EcoTech does not intend to do business with dealers or distributors who degrade the image of EcoTech and its products. EcoTech shall not be required to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy. 9. The terms of this MAP policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties. This MAP policy has been established by EcoTech to help ensure the legacy of EcoTech as a top producer of high performance, high quality, aquarium products and to protect the reputation of its name and products.

Thank You for your time with this matter.

Eric Brennan

EcoTech Marine

Sales Manager

610.954.8480 x 104

Eric.Brennan@Ecotechmarine.com

www.ecotechmarine.com

This is well within their MAP guidelines. MAP guidelines refer to how a product is advertised and not what a product sells for. This GB isn't an advertisement. The seller is also asking to be contacted for the price instead of posting it here. This is the same thing as going to bestbuy.com and having to add an item to your cart to see the price because it is lower than the manufacturer's MAP. There's nothing going on here that's against EcoTech Marine's Map guidelines.

lakshwadeep

Wolverine57:

Are you part of ecotech, or why are you taking up the responsibility of posting this information on their behalf? More importantly, why don't you call out the other (some ongoing) vortech group buys hosted by other members on this site?

As a side note, isn't it sad that all your posts (except the first one) since you joined have been in the classifieds forum? You have only benefited from the fairly generous policy of no minimum post count for selling items, with almost no contribution to the other forums.

I heard from another local vendor that K-MAN gets about $15 commission per pump from his vendor to help pay for this school fee.

I agreed with wolverine57 Ecotech never approve any GB on here or any other forums.

wolverine57

I'm not trying to make trouble here! Firstly, I am guilty that I had tried once to start a GB on these Vortech's and immediately a vendor got piss and snitch on me. Then got an e-mail from the owner that GB on his Vortech was unacceptable. The moderators close the thread and I was reprimanded, not worth it. Rules are rules, however you want to paint it. There are many vendors or sponsors here who pay a big fee supporting this forum and your cutting into there pockets, with these GB. If your a vendor or sponsor this site, you should post the price, not PM for a price. There should not be any secret to your discount.

lakshwadeep
I heard from another local vendor that K-MAN gets about $15 commission per pump from his vendor to help pay for this school fee.

I agreed with wolverine57 Ecotech never approve any GB on here or any other forums.

:haha:icon8.gif Isn't it odd that you are posting a rumor while at the same time pawning off the new mp10s?!?!?!

Since I am working as an aquarium service for a local fish store, I can can 12pcs of mp10 for a little cheaper than the rest of you. So if any of you interest in purchasing a mp10 for 20 buck below MAP price, please contact me at bonbon0982@yahoo.com

I already pre-order 12pcs so you guarantee to get one, I am not be making any money off this, I am doing this as a favor for nano-reef members.

Again I only can get 12pcs and this shipment is around June. Please email me if interest.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2272262

Wow!! those haters out there have no idea what you're talking about. I've personally spoke with individuals at Ecotech about this particular GB and We are not violating any rules or regulations and in fact they are happy we are selling numbers in volume! Furthermore, The vendor that waveguy is talking about approached me to start selling pumps for him instead of the vendor who i am helping. This GB was started so I could get my pump for the best price and that is all. My school is not being paid through this GB...I hope a moderator will erase these posts which are nothing more than an attack...

I am not attacking anyone, that was what i heard ( I even saw K-Man email myself, the one that he demanded the vendor to give him certain amount of money for doing GB ) and i just wanted to confirm. K-Man is that rumor right or wrong ? maybe I ask for a copy and foward it to the mods to see what they think. Hey $15 per pump can add up alot.

Regard to my GB, I am just helping out the reefers here since everyone's looking for mp10. I don't really care of it gets shut down. Since I am doing members here a favor. If the mods want to shut it down...by all mean.

The thing that I don't like is that the person that doing GB is making so much money off it, then turn around and make it sound like he is doing everyone a favor.

I am sure 15 dollar is not going to pay for law degree; but if he sold 100 pump; that is 1500 I am sure that can help pay some of the bills. What about 200, 300, 500 pumps.....

The vendor that waveguy is talking about approached me to start selling pumps for him instead of the vendor who i am helping. This GB was started so I could get my pump for the best price and that is all.

Are you sure ?

Archived