SaltCritters.com

GB: VORTECH MP20 & MP40'S

K-MAN

You need to take a step back here. A backhanded insult at Weetie and Stan is not a good choice for getting your group buy started. Frankly, from what I've seen in this thread, you would be the first person I marked off my list of potential lawyers should I need those services and happened to be in your area (assuming you are who you say you are). Thus far, you've come off as little more than a punk, and that doesn't serve your purpose in getting others to trust your 35 posts and less than a month on the site. It's no wonder so many people chose Stan's group buy, even if it's a couple bucks more, over yours - you lack credibility on this site, you've been cryptic with info, and you've displayed a somewhat poor attitude at times.

The points made by others in this thread are completely valid - just look at all the scams unwitting NRers have stepped into in the feedback thread. Those who've made those points are making sure your group buy is valid before making a big dollar purchase. You'd be better served by gaining the trust of others on here by posting more references, being more upfront on the information, and being kind to those who've been around a long time. Good luck on your group buy - as for me, I'll take a trusted, reliable source.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, for everyone's information, I decided to get back into the hobby after a 5 year hiatus. In coming to the determination that a Nano tank would best suit my situation i spent a month or so researching on this site and many others. Nano-Reef has been an enormous wealth of information and I am so greatful for everyone who has contributed there experiences as well as advice. This is by far the best site for anyone wanting to set up a nano reef tank!

That being said, I had to decide what aquarium and equipment i would be using. The Vortech pumps seem to be far and away the most advanced and simply the best on the market today. In trying to find the best possible price on a MP20 i spoke to various authorizd vendors and eventually came across a guy who was not only extremely generous in his prices but who was also willing to go even lower if I set up a groupbuy. That is how we got to where we are with this thread.

No one has to purchase anything by simply receiving a paypal invoice. If I just told everyone, "hey buy from this guy and tell him i sent you," there would be no way for me to keep track of who and how many pumps were sold.

Everyone deserves a chance to establish their reputation. I understand that there may be many people who have been DOOPED on internet purchases, but no one is giving some unknown person there CC info from this GB. An invoice will be sent directly from the vendor. Any person who recieves an invoice will be able to verify that legitimacy of the vendor themselves before any money is transacted. Please call Eco Tech Marine and asks them about the vendor, get your own assurances. Obviously anything i say can only be taken with a grain of salt because i admit that i am very new to the site and as far as anyone knowns, I am just a stranger. I was simply trying to get the best possible price on my pump and be able to offer that great deal to fellow Nano reefers.

While I'm not defending K-MAN, I looked at StanDs' thread, and nowhere does he disclose who his vendor is. And as far as the details of the sale, it looks identical as to the way K-MAN has his set up. While I probably won't participate in either GB (I just can't justify spending that kind of coin on a pump), it would be worht looking in to especially in this economy. Just my 2 cents. ;)

K-man, I'm sorry if you feel like you were being attacked or something, that was not my intent and I don't stand for personal attacks from others either.

I chose to spend my money with the StanD group buy because he is an old and trusted member here who has built up an excellent reputation on NR and is someone with whom I have had good transactions with in the past.

You are new here and I don't know you, and that's alotta money to spending on a Group Buy started by an unknown. That's just my personal opinion.

On a purchase of this nature, I would rather spend an extra $30-$50 where I can be confident of the outcome.

As for my comments above (the ones that seem to have provoked such a defensive response in you), I was merely looking out for the welfare of other NR members and I am completely unapologetic about that.

There have been way too many bad deals on NR lately and we're talking about a fairly large expenditure here.

If this group buy works out well, I will be thrilled.

If through this you are able to begin establishing a good reputation on NR, more power to you.

But right now you are an unknown quantity and you should not be surprised that you are being treated as such.

K-man, I'm sorry if you feel like you were being attacked or something, that was not my intent and I don't stand for personal attacks from others either.

I chose to spend my money with the StanD group buy because he is an old and trusted member here who has built up an excellent reputation on NR and is someone with whom I have had good transactions with in the past.

You are new here and I don't know you, and that's alotta money to spending on a Group Buy started by an unknown. That's just my personal opinion.

On a purchase of this nature, I would rather spend an extra $30-$50 where I can be confident of the outcome.

As for my comments above (the ones that seem to have provoked such a defensive response in you), I was merely looking out for the welfare of other NR members and I am completely unapologetic about that.

There have been way too many bad deals on NR lately and we're talking about a fairly large expenditure here.

If this group buy works out well, I will be thrilled.

If through this you are able to begin establishing a good reputation on NR, more power to you.

But right now you are an unknown quantity and you should not be surprised that you are being treated as such.

WOW..never been referred to as a "unknown quantity"..lol. I feel like a freshman rushing for a frat. :lol:

I wish i could say that $30-$50 is a big deal to me, but i CAN"T and i'm sure most people feel the same way.

I dont see how some people are so concerned with a secured paypal transaction straight from a Ecotech Marine vendor???? No one is giving me or anyone else there financial info. I am only forwarding your EMIAL ADDRESS, that's it. The vendor will then send you an invoice. Please feel free, and i recommend, that before you decide to send payment through paypal, call Ecotech and verify yourself that the vendor is good!!!

There is absolutely NO way you could be ripped off this way. I cant see how anyone would feel comfortable buying something any other way. Without even knowing how other nano-reefers were ripped off, I can gaurentee it was not through a secured paypal transaction with a verified vendor. and that my .02

so the pump would be coming straight from the vendor?

YES, all the pumps are coming straight from the vendor, as are the invoices. The only thing I'm doing is forwarding your info to him

I wish i could say that $30-$50 is a big deal to me, but i CAN"T and i'm sure most people feel the same way.

I dont see how some people are so concerned with a secured paypal transaction straight from a Ecotech Marine vendor???? No one is giving me or anyone else there financial info. I am only forwarding your EMIAL ADDRESS, that's it. The vendor will then send you an invoice. Please feel free, and i recommend, that before you decide to send payment through paypal, call Ecotech and verify yourself that the vendor is good!!!

There is absolutely NO way you could be ripped off this way. I cant see how anyone would feel comfortable buying something any other way. Without even knowing how other nano-reefers were ripped off, I can gaurentee it was not through a secured paypal transaction with a verified vendor. and that my .02

It would seem that I started an argument, which was not my intention.

If your reference above about "some people" includes me, then I need to clarify my involvement here. When I sent you a PM, I asked for 2 things:

1. the price

2. the name of the vendor

I can understand why you didn't post the name of the vendor in your thread, but what was suspicious to me is that you didn't include the name of the vendor in your reply to my PM even though I specifically asked for it...basically stating that I would get a PayPal invoice and the vendor's name would be on it. However, after I added a post to your thread detailing my concerns, you did end up giving me the vendor name. I looked it up on the Ecotech website and the name you gave me is an authoized echotech vendor. It's like I said, "I don't know you" and the fact that you weren't completely willing to tell me who exactly I would be buying from seems a bit slippery.

I have no problem whatsoever with secure PayPal transactions. However, when I buy something, I want to know who I am buying it from, right from the start, so I have an opportunity for due diligence...especially considering the amount of money to be spent. Warranty of an expensive item is a concern as well.

Again, you're probably a good guy with good intentions...I just didn't find good reason for you not to be more forthright with the vendor's information.

So, based on preponderance of the evidence, my judgement is to abstain from this group buy...lol. Actually, I really wish you the best of luck with your group buy and hope everyone is satisfied with their purchases.

It would seem that I started an argument, which was not my intention.

If your reference above about "some people" includes me, then I need to clarify my involvement here. When I sent you a PM, I asked for 2 things:

1. the price

2. the name of the vendor

I can understand why you didn't post the name of the vendor in your thread, but what was suspicious to me is that you didn't include the name of the vendor in your reply to my PM even though I specifically asked for it...basically stating that I would get a PayPal invoice and the vendor's name would be on it. However, after I added a post to your thread detailing my concerns, you did end up giving me the vendor name. I looked it up on the Ecotech website and the name you gave me is an authoized echotech vendor. It's like I said, "I don't know you" and the fact that you weren't completely willing to tell me who exactly I would be buying from seems a bit slippery.

I have no problem whatsoever with secure PayPal transactions. However, when I buy something, I want to know who I am buying it from, right from the start, so I have an opportunity for due diligence...especially considering the amount of money to be spent. Warranty of an expensive item is a concern as well.

Again, you're probably a good guy with good intentions...I just didn't find good reason for you not to be more forthright with the vendor's information.

So, based on preponderance of the evidence, my judgement is to abstain from this group buy...lol. Actually, I really wish you the best of luck with your group buy and hope everyone is satisfied with their purchases.

Actually the proper standard to apply would be Clear and Convincing which is a much higher standard then the preponderance of the evidence. :D

However, under either theory, this is not only a legit but also a amazing deal...lol

Is there a particular reason that your choosing not to participate other then the way its being conducted?

Bump!

When is this GB over? when ya get the 10 people in on the GB? how many ya got so far?

Just wondering if I can get in by the time I get paid :P

Maria

Mp40w and a 40w upgrade just came in. Packaged well and vendor sent out tracking # to track. No problems here.

Thanks for taking part in the GB "TD"! Maybe i can start earning some respect on Nano-Reef...lol

Thank you K-Man. I ended up finding one locally and this thing is definitely worth the $. I just wish I didn't wait so long to buy one.

SpankythePyro

yes paypal has disputes, very easy to win them if you are the person who sent the money. If anyone has some problems with it, please PM me I am the master at getting back funds if scammed, use to happen all the time when I would sell WOW accounts

btw: whats the price on the mp20's and 40's?

dailydriven911

Just pm him guys...I just got my ups notification that it shipped. This is legit and a great guy to work with!

Jayson

BumbleBeeJBG

Shipped To: BAYSIDE, NY, US

Shipped/Billed On: 03/06/2009

Service: GROUND

Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Weight: 5.00 Lbs

Well something is coming! Taking bets, your options are:

1) MP20

2) Anthrax

3) Letterbomb

4) Copious amounts of cocaine with a note stating, "the police will be there in 30 seconds, let's see if you can dispose of this in time"

5) A 5 lb paper weight that says, "pwnt"

SpankythePyro

Shipped To: BAYSIDE, NY, US

Shipped/Billed On: 03/06/2009

Service: GROUND

Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Weight: 5.00 Lbs

Well something is coming! Taking bets, your options are:

1) MP20

2) Anthrax

3) Letterbomb

4) Copious amounts of cocaine with a note stating, "the police will be there in 30 seconds, let's see if you can dispose of this in time"

5) A 5 lb paper weight that says, "pwnt"

the coke would allow you to buy as many mp20/40s as u want

Archived