Pod Your Reef

31g Acrylic AIO

coachfraley

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coachfraley

Nice.

Makes me wanna go out and get a Firefish.

Thanks Weetie...this is actually my first one. Sure is a pretty fish...but looks evil in this shot:

firefish.jpg

coachfraley

All the new fish are still hanging in there. I was mostly worried about the perc catching brooklynia (from past experience introducing them), but all is well. The only issue I have with the clown is that he is hosting the top right corner of the tank, which is just lame!

The tailspot has settled in very nicely, and now he is browsing the entire rock-pile.

I'm sure someone has run a thread on this before, so I will search for it...but I am feeding a 1/2 cube of mysis a day (although I mix in some flake, frozen and live brine, and pellets occasionally), and I have no idea if that is a lot for a tank my size. I haven't been able to get the anthias to eat anything else but frozen, so I think I will be doing this for a while. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Paleoreef103
All the new fish are still hanging in there. I was mostly worried about the perc catching brooklynia (from past experience introducing them), but all is well. The only issue I have with the clown is that he is hosting the top right corner of the tank, which is just lame!

I'm sure someone has run a thread on this before, so I will search for it...but I am feeding a 1/2 cube of mysis a day (although I mix in some flake, frozen and live brine, and pellets occasionally), and I have no idea if that is a lot for a tank my size. I haven't been able to get the anthias to eat anything else but frozen, so I think I will be doing this for a while. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Give the clown a while. It took mine quite a while to figure out he liked the frogspawn. As for the food, that is a lot I think. I get about four feedings out of a single cube and my bioload is in the same ballpark as yours. Just make sure you drain the liquid out of the mysis before throwing it in the tank. I really like this tank. Extremely colorful.

coachfraley
Give the clown a while. It took mine quite a while to figure out he liked the frogspawn. As for the food, that is a lot I think. I get about four feedings out of a single cube and my bioload is in the same ballpark as yours. Just make sure you drain the liquid out of the mysis before throwing it in the tank. I really like this tank. Extremely colorful.

Thanks Paleo...I kind of figured it was a lot, but I wanted to get some opinions. I want to keep the anthias fat, and the fish mow through the mysis like crazy! I dissolve the cubes in FW and use a brine shrimp net to strain the mysis, so I don't put any of the liquid in the tank.

• 2 weeks later...
coachfraley

Thanks Dahnic...

Just an update for those who were interested...the new fish are doing well and getting along great. The fathead anthias is doing really well and appears to be very healthy. So far, the once a day feedings appear to be enough for him. I still haven't gotten him to take anything but frozen food though, so I mix it up with mysis, brine, and rod's frozen mix.

A while back I had a randall's goby go missing, and I just found him yesterday. I was cleaning behind my stand and I found him on the floor. I wasn't aware that the randalls were jumpers, so I had taken off my screen. The screen is back on now because of the firefish.

FTS coming soon.

Great looking tank coach! That fathead and tailspot are both great looking fish. Cant wait to see the new FTS

coachfraley

New FTS:
31gupdate42.jpg

My sunset monti, that is really starting to get big. It is climbing over a montipora confusa:
sunsetmonti5.jpg

Some Tubbs blues, as you can see, the corraline is starting to grow on the Eco-Rock:
tubbsblues1.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

• 2 weeks later...
coachfraley

Well, I sold one of my acro's and picked up a torch to put in that spot. Hopefully my perc will eventually take some interest in it. I also picked up a redheaded goby...they are one of my favorite fish.

Thanks for looking in!
torch.jpg

rhgoby.jpg

31gupdate43.jpg

tailspot2.jpg

coachfraley

Unless your inverts include mysis shrimp, you should be good!

Thanks Puff! I hope you like yours too!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived