Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

31g Acrylic AIO

coachfraley

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are you happy with the change in light?

Yes, I think it was a good buy. Aside from the reflectors, the new model is fan-less and has two fewer power cords. I was able to clean up my power area quite a bit.

Here are a few more shots that I took today:

rainbowmonti3.jpg

faviacolony2.jpg

hairysps.jpg

neworangezoas5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite threads to look through on NR. Your tank is SO well put together. That's a bummer about the zoapox, but your tank still looks fantastic. I love the polyp extension and color on your montis.

• 4 months later...

Hey!

I haven't posted in a long time, so I thought I would do a little update. I got a bad case of zoa pox a few months ago and lost several of my large zoa colonies. I ended up re-organizing about 2/3rds of my tank and getting rid of some of the corals that weren't doing to well, along with a big rock of ugly zoas that I didn't like. I also changed my bulb combo, but I don't think I am too happy with it. Just a little too white for me...anyway on to the pics:

FTS:

31gupdate35.jpg

orange crush acan:

orangecrush.jpg

male clown (shot taken with flash):

clownflash.jpg

closeup of one of my yumas:

yumamacro.jpg

superman monti I just picked up:

newsuperman.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

thanks!!!

I am using:

current usa-10,000k

ati-aquablue

ati-blueplus (2)

I might change out the current bulb, they have crappy PAR numbers anyway. I just wanted to use it because it was sitting around.

That is just stunning. Beautiful.

Thanks...that seems like a long time ago! That apple cap would have filled up my whole tank by now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Results of the Montipora Confusa vs. Sunset Montipora battle can be seen below. At least the sunset will end up with a cool shape when it finishes steamrolling the confusa.

sunsetconfusabattle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a couple of new items:

Tubs Blues:

tubbsblues.jpg

Rainbow? Montipora:

newrainbow.jpg

I put the tubs on a flat piece of live rock, and I was able to angle it into my rock pile. Hopefully it will look nice once it is covered with zoas! (rock is on far right)

31gupdate37.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coach, are you still running the current 10K bulb, if not which ones now? Also, last year you mentioned you ordered some LEDs from Evil, did you get'em if so how do you like them, and how much lighting supplement do they add? Fill me on on your current husbandry: Feeding, Supplements, Chemical filtration, etc. Thanks.

Coach, are you still running the current 10K bulb, if not which ones now? Also, last year you mentioned you ordered some LEDs from Evil, did you get'em if so how do you like them, and how much lighting supplement do they add? Fill me on on your current husbandry: Feeding, Supplements, Chemical filtration, etc. Thanks.

I did replace the current 10,00k bulb. I am running: 1 KZ fiji purple, 1 ATI Aquablue, 2 ATI Blueplus.

I never got the leds from evil, but I think that their addition would be really helpful. I figure that if I add the supplemental led, I could replace one of the blueplus bulbs with a fijipurple.

For food, I switch off between NLS pellets, Formula 2 flake, and frozen mysis. I end up feeding around 5 days a week. I do not feed my corals. I dose C balance about 2 times a week. I do a 15% weekly WC using D-D salt mix.

Right now, I just use a pura pad for chemical filtration, but I am thinking about making some changes to the rear of my tank to create a full media chamber. Ideally, I would like to run floss, carbon, and either a pura pad or a bulk phosphate media. The way my chambers are now, there is no mechanical filter between the display and the refugium, so quite a bit of crud builds up in the back. If I set up a media chamber on the intake, I should be able to run a much cleaner fuge.

I'm curious, what's your T5 bulb combo?

Was just about to ask this as well.

Thanks!

I am using:

2x ATI blue Plus

ATI 11,000k (forget the name)

kz fiji purple

Nice.

Hey, can you tell me what Wrasse that is in your tank?

It looks like the one I just got a week ago.

I think mine was ID'ed incorrectly when I bought it, which is why I am interested.

I think mine was ID'ed incorrectly when I bought it, which is why I am interested.

That has happened to me before, so I know how you feel. I think wrasses can be really hard to ID, even for people who know them pretty well.

The one in my tank is a longfin fairy wrasse, although he pretty much never shows off his long fins.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i was just wondering what stuff you are using in the filter portion of your tank?

im building an acrylic tank with almost the exact same design. Was wondering what other people were using in their aio's

coachfraley
hey i was just wondering what stuff you are using in the filter portion of your tank?

im building an acrylic tank with almost the exact same design. Was wondering what other people were using in their aio's

Here is what I ran for the last year and a half:

chambersetup1.gif

I just switched it last week to this...I wanted to run media before the fuge to prevent a buildup of poop. As you can see, the extra baffles are now a waste of space.

chambersnewsetup.gif

On a side note, I traded in my pair of O. clowns for a goldstripe maroon. Here she is:

mclown1.jpg

mclown3.jpg

Archived