SaltCritters.com

31g Acrylic AIO

coachfraley

You think you can take some pics on how it looks on your desk? I want to get a small tank for my cube, but I'm worried about the amount of light flooding, and to see how it "fits" overall with the cube.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can spend a whole day, just looking at the details on your pictures... great tank, great pictures, GREAT CORALS, great fish.... awesomee!! i hope someday mine looks like that =)!!

coachfraley

Thanks for the kind words!

Eddiet, I think this tank is a little too big for an office setting. I have a 10g in my office at work, and I think it is a much more appropriate size. If you are worried about light bleed, get a cube with a hood, and that will at least help with some of the light issues.

coachfraley

I added a media tray that I made myself. Next time I take it out to reload the media, I will take some pictures. Right now I am running a pura pad in it, but I am going to add carbon as well. I am also going to upgrade my light. I currently have a single reflector on my 4x24, but I am going to pick up a used current NE with the individual reflectors.

Updated FTS:
31gupdate29.jpg

Rainbow that is doing much better:
rainbowmonti1.jpg

Montipora Confusa:
confusa4.jpg

Random Shot:
mixedshot.jpg

coachfraley
BEAUTIFUL tank, i'm taking inspiration from this on my 22g cadlights when it arrives.

Thanks! PM me after you set it up, I love watching new tanks develop!

Beautiful zoa's !!!

Whats the pink one called ???

I'm not sure which ones you are referring to. The ones in post #69 might be sunny delights? They were sold to me as armor of gods, but I don't think that is what they are. In post 80, the orangish ones are bam bam oranges.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment!

• 2 weeks later...
coachfraley

Upgraded my CNE lights to the newer CNE SLR. The lights have been going for about 2 weeks, and everything seems to be perking up a little. I am also trying to cut down on my feedings. After talking to some fellow reefers, I think I was overdoing it quite a bit. My branching SPS are finally starting to branch a little bit. They really didn't do much until their encrusted base was firmly established. Here are a few pics:

FTS:

31gupdate30.jpg

Unknown Favia (started out solid purple)

favia1.jpg

Acan:

greenacan1.jpg

coachfraley
butiful tank i have a 30 tall what bulb combo are u using i like the corals

Thanks!

I am using:

2x ATI blue Plus

ATI 11,000k (forget the name)

kz fiji purple

coachfraley

Stellar! I'm sure others have said this, but THIS is TOTM material. I love all of the colorful zoa colonies

Thanks DBT!!! Maybe I'll enter it when my SPS has grown out.

I like the unknown Favia.

How do you like the bulb combo?

That favia started out really plain, but it just keeps changing. Hopefully I will like what it turns into. They still had some of it at my LFS, so I picked up a larger colony (sse pic below). It was only $10, so it was kind of a no brainer.

I think this bulb combo is just a little too blue for my taste. I think I might go with the 10,000k next time (instead of the 11,000k).

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202682 check my 30 out let me know what u think

Great looking tank. I love those frilly mushrooms. Those look like the ones that close up on food. If they are, they are by far my favorite mushrooms. I had some back when I had my 12g cubemasters.

Here is that colony of the favia I picked up:

faviacolony.jpg

My daughter's favorite critter, she calls him "big claw". He is almost as big as an electric blue:

bigclaw1.jpg

New acan I picked up (also for $10)

greenandredacan.jpg

Closeup of the longfin fairy wrasse:

lonfinfairywrasse.jpg

Thanks for looking in!!! :D

hondacbr60089

Great looking tank. I love those frilly mushrooms. Those look like the ones that close up on food. If they are, they are by far my favorite mushrooms. I had some back when I had my 12g cubemasters.

they do close up and open thier mouth when u feed them they grow like crazy if u want a frag ill give yea 1 or 2 for free let me know

coachfraley

they do close up and open thier mouth when u feed them they grow like crazy if u want a frag ill give yea 1 or 2 for free let me know

Wow, that is a very nice offer, but I really don't have room for shrooms in my tank. Actually, I don't think I have room for anything, except on my frag rack! :o

Forgot to add this picture of my bali tricolor. I started this from a frag about the size of a grain of rice.

tricolor.jpg

1337TANKHAX

I don't think I've posted here before, but I've been through your thread a few times. Your tank is stunning, as are all of your pictures, and as is your taste in coral. I've recently started up my aio from AA also, I just started a new thread, I'd love it if you would check it out! Anyway, nice work on your tank :bowdown:

coachfraley
I don't think I've posted here before, but I've been through your thread a few times. Your tank is stunning, as are all of your pictures, and as is your taste in coral. I've recently started up my aio from AA also, I just started a new thread, I'd love it if you would check it out! Anyway, nice work on your tank :bowdown:

Wow, thanks for the compliment. I posted on your tank thread...great job!

1337TANKHAX

Thanks for checking out my thread! I'll have to get up a picture of my new little flasher wrasse if I can snap a decent picture of him.

coachfraley

Well, I got hit with the zoa pox. I am not really sure what caused it, but I made two changes to clean up my water, and my theory is that the zoas didn't like it, and broke out with pox. I added a media tray, and I cut back pretty drastically on my feedings and it has made a big difference in my overall tank cleanliness. I noticed that it has greatly decreased the amount of glass algae I am getting. I was scraping once every 2 or three days, and now I can get by on once a week.

I had to remove the colony of purple zoas that everyone seemed to like so much. The other infected colony is the large red-ish colony on the bottom right. That rock that the zoas are on is basically unmovable. I would have to take my whole tank apart to get it out.

In other news, I changed my bulb combo to the following (2 blue plus, 1 fiji purple, 1 UVL 10,000k). I was using an ATI 11,000k in the place of the UVL, but I thought it looked too blue.

31gupdate32.jpg

New favia? Got it for $10:
greenfavia.jpg

Montipora confusa and sunset...getting ready to fight it out:
montis.jpg

Acan under my current bulb combo:
stripedacan.jpg

The same acan (the day I picked it up) under my old bulb combo:
greenandredacan.jpg

• 1 month later...

Little update...tank is still plugging along. I only lost one colony of zoas to the pox. SPS growth has picked up since changing to the SLR version of the nova extreme.

FTS:

31gupdate34.jpg

balitricolor.jpg

shrimppair.jpg

ricshot.jpg

As always, thanks for looking in!

Archived