inTank Media Baskets

ON HOLD

miniwhinny

Thanks Scott...input much appreciated ';-)

showjyr - I like the peninsular style too. I think I'll have to see what I can do to brace the counter.

I would add some 2x4 bracing under the cabinet but that corian top is very strong stuff. Spread over the area that the tank will cover and with the addition of some bracing you won't have any problems putting it on the counter.

Oh and by the way peninsula style looks much better.

+1 on all of this.

Bracing that counter top would be soooo very easy to do, and it would look incredible. Go with the peninsular setup. I have my 75 set up with 2 long sides showing and it's sooo sweet that way...

As for putting it under the cabinet, even just a little, you will have a small amount of spray and a god deal of salt moisture potentially collecting on (and in) that beautiful wood cabinetry, and if it's really pressed board it will swell....

Just a thought...or three!!!

Returned the tank to the store - unused.

This economy is finally starting to get to me and I've decided that this is NOT the time to start a new/larger tank. If the economy turns around there will always be time to start in the future but for now...I'm not doing it! I still have my 29 and will still buy stuff for that but the money I was going to spend on the new one...is staying in my pocket.

I don't think the S**T has even started to hit the fan :o

Deleted User 6
Returned the tank to the store - unused.

This economy is finally starting to get to me and I've decided that this is NOT the time to start a new/larger tank. If the economy turns around there will always be time to start in the future but for now...I'm not doing it! I still have my 29 and will still buy stuff for that but the money I was going to spend on the new one...is staying in my pocket.

I don't think the S**T has even started to hit the fan :o

It's def. hit the fan already - but you're right - I was going to go with a 20g but cut it back to a custom 9g to save on cash. I think you'll start to see recovery later this year, but it's going to be a long, slow recovery.

I think you'll start to see recovery later this year, but it's going to be a long, slow recovery.

Sure hope you're right. For now I'm becoming a squirrel...I'm stocking up (not spending that discretionary cash) in anticipation of a long cold winter :mellow: Rather be safe than sorry.

Edited to say....anyone god a good recipe for donkey? LOL :o:D

Archived