Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

15 Gallon AIO Office Tank ADDED WEBCAM

hcsceo

yea they are dirty little bastards. Seems everytime I add a fish to a tank an algae problem will turn up. I'm trying to go really slow this time and see if that helps. Also, since I'm in front of that tank 8 hours or more a day I'm contantly fiddling, testing, tweaking the water/skimmer/pumps. Hopefully, the extra care will turn into success and change my mind about fish.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I'm sure that you can be very successful if you put a lot of time into it. I'm also taking things extremely slowly this time around and I'm seeing only success so far. I'm going to throw a yellow clown goby in there soon and see what that does.

• 1 month later...
I'm really not a fish guy and would be happy without any

Hmmm, wonder why that is?

Dave

(aka - the fish killer)

OK it's time for a little update photo. Here is the tank at almost 6 months. It is clear the Monti is changing color a bit and getting lighter. I'm not sure why as it was getting darker at first. The polyps seem to be fully extended and I'm getting growth at the tips and no bleaching that I can see. I have removed my skimmer for the last month or two so that could be it. I've started feeding the tank DT's and I'll be hand feeding the acans, bubble, frogspawn and duncan starting next week. I've been struggling with a bit of red algae. It isn't horrible and I've just been blowing it off weekly. I suspect the work RO system is to blame. I need to bring my TDS meter to the office and see if that is the problem.

BTW, Dadoboy good to see you around.

photo-19.jpg

Wow! That really looks great! I was able to view the webcam the other day and really enjoyed it! I'm glad you've keep this up & hopefully it will get me back into it again...

uhh... the webcam says "Lights on".. but its dark... and I'm scared...

don't be scared. BTW, named my fish Dado.

don't be scared. BTW, named my fish Dado.

OMG... you just really made my day/night !!!! (dancing around like crazy) Be ready for an onslaught of viewers - because once word gets out there is a fish named after me... oh lordy...

uhhh, it's named after me - right? :D

FYI ~ if it happens in my world - it must be true..

OMG... you just really made my day/night !!!! (dancing around like crazy) Be ready for an onslaught of viewers - because once word gets out there is a fish named after me... oh lordy...

uhhh, it's named after me - right? :D

FYI ~ if it happens in my world - it must be true..

Check out the cam in the morning. I'll put a note up just for your people.

Well, it seems the IT dept doesn't like me... I was able to view a 'snapshot' of the tank but it quickly froze & time stopped. I even tried tapping the screen but nothing moved. Had to look away to make sure that 'life' was still going on. I can't wait to get home & see it...

See ya then!

Dave A.

Well, it seems the IT dept doesn't like me... I was able to view a 'snapshot' of the tank but it quickly froze & time stopped. I even tried tapping the screen but nothing moved. Had to look away to make sure that 'life' was still going on. I can't wait to get home & see it...

See ya then!

Dave A.

Image_20090728145151.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well a few people at the office kept asking me why I have that big leather coral in the middle of my tank. They like some of the prettier type corals and he is pretty Plain Jane. I kept telling them to be patient and it will become the most interesting part of the tank. I love it when things come together after months of planning and work.

photo-21.jpg

Archived