Top Shelf Aquatics

15 Gallon AIO Office Tank ADDED WEBCAM

hcsceo

Deleted User 6

NIce. I agree - that Kor 1 looks big in there. With the montis, I wouldn't put them too high up that wall or they'll shade what's beneath them.

Still following along. Nice diatoms.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I talked with Erik at CristosClowns today and I think we have a deal for a pair of Onyx Clowns in 2-4 months. That is perfect timing with my tank cycle so I think this is the route I'll go.

Steve

Hey Steve... Can I name your fish when you get them?

(Guess who's back!) :P

Hey Steve... Can I name your fish when you get them?

(Guess who's back!) :P

LMFAO, I was wondering WTF happened to you. Hope all is well and NO WAY these fish are going to be named.

To everyone I added a media basket to the tank today. Here's a pic of the finished deal.

photo-8.jpg

LMFAO, I was wondering WTF happened to you. Hope all is well and NO WAY these fish are going to be named.

Well, I had my 10 gallon going for a while... but never liked it & I started to dive in the ocean & just kinda got away from here... Ocean got cold & just transfered everything over to my 29 gallon about 2 months ago.. Everything is well though... I'm starting to hang out here more and more, so I'll keep checking back w/ ya...

Hows it going w/ ya?

Dave A.

hcsceo!!! I've been following your entire tank build and now your tank thread and I've been so impressed by everything you've been doing! But You're making a huge mistake with the locline and huge koralia in your tank!!! It was so clean and pretty and now it's lost all its class and simplistic beauty. Your in-tank filtration is supposed to hide your equipment..!! I really think that you should take the splitter of your loc-line and just have a single flare nozzle and you have to get rid of the koralia!!!! I love your tank so much that I just built one that's modeled after yours, please check it out on my sig

hcsceo!!! I've been following your entire tank build and now your tank thread and I've been so impressed by everything you've been doing! But You're making a huge mistake with the locline and huge koralia in your tank!!! It was so clean and pretty and now it's lost all its class and simplistic beauty. Your in-tank filtration is supposed to hide your equipment..!! I really think that you should take the splitter of your loc-line and just have a single flare nozzle and you have to get rid of the koralia!!!! I love your tank so much that I just built one that's modeled after yours, please check it out on my sig

Thanks all for the input. I'm really struggling with this myself. The idea all along with this tank is that I would have a picture window. The black on the top and sides from the tank would be the frame and all you would see inside was beauty. It is sooo true that both of those additions have really killed the effect I was going for. I'm debating putting in a larger pump in the sump and killing the Koralia and locline altogether. I think I might have enough flow but I'm not sure. I never made this public but my original thought was to actually plump some PVC through the wall to the other side hiding it all in the rock wall and just having a simple nozzle poking out of the wall. It would have been easy to split the pump output to both sides and hid everything. I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!! Perhaps you can learn from this and do it. It really would not have been that much work. Keep watching. I suspect those will be gone in short order.

Dadoboy, things are going great :) Since I talked to you last I had another baby girl. Picotope is gone and replaced by this guy. I'm still running those two 10 gallon frag tanks at home and my Nanowave. I'm going to be building a 40B soon using this foam wall deal but going to a remote sump with CL. Hope you enjoy. I'll look for your thread.

Steve

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing with the hidden plumbing. I didn't want to lose the surface skimming overflow though so I molded the expanding foam around my intake and I made a very small nozzle out of a plastic 90 degree elbow that I also hid very well in the foam between the rocks. It think I accomplished exactly what I wanted with the no-equipment look. Now I just want to make some type of full cabinet and hood so that the outside looks as clean as the inside. I'm about to check out your frag tanks. It's been a while since I have seen them. And congratulations on your new baby girl, I'm sure she is beautiful and I hope she will stay extremely healthy and happy.

Reefer Al Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

And congratulations on your new baby girl, I'm sure she is beautiful and I hope she will stay extremely healthy and happy.

Thanks so much Al!!

OK tested params this morning. Still progressing but slowly. We are starting Week 3.

NH3 - .25

NO2 - 5.0

NO3 - 10

The diatoms never really exploded like I was expecting and perhaps they are still coming. I do have green algae like nuts since I left this tank last week. Overall the cycle is moving along as expected. Starting with only dead rock for the initial cycle is a slow process but I'm hoping by the time I put in my LR there will be very little die off and I'll be able to save the corals that are on them. From the time I take out my LR from my other tank till it is in this tank will be about 30 minutes so I'm hoping I'll have very little die off. My plan is to finish this cycle and put in my CUC for a couple of weeks then move my LR over. I've got plenty of tanks to look at so I'm really in no hurry.

Steve

FYI, DON'T BE IDIOTS AND KEEP MANDARINS IN LITTLE TANKS!!!

Most of you have no idea why I needed to say that but for those of you that do... Geeze what an idiot.

Steve

I dont have an idea for hiding the koralia but you could epoxy sand to the locline or paint it lighter to blend it in a little more.

Great tank by the way.

;)

Kratie

JD

I dont have an idea for hiding the koralia but you could epoxy sand to the locline or paint it lighter to blend it in a little more.

Great tank by the way.

;)

Kratie

JD

Thanks Kratie. That is a good idea on the locline. I could do the same sand technique on it. I'm planning to reduce that locline to just the one fan nozzle pointing up. As for the Koralia, I've been thinking long and hard about it and I really need the extra flow for the SPS I'm planning to keep in here. I've been debating building an arch of some sort so my thought is to build some type of arch with an area behind it to support the koralia. That should put it out of view and create an addtional feature in the tank. Stay tuned :)

Steve

OK I'm still struggling with this Koralia.

What would you guys think about a MP20 to replace that Koralia? Sticks out only 2.25 inches which is exactly half the depth of that Koralia and I get a bunch of added benefit with wavemaker options.

What would you guys think about a MP20 to replace that Koralia? Sticks out only 2.25 inches which is exactly half the depth of that Koralia and I get a bunch of added benefit with wavemaker options.

do it and you can cut a circle out of part of your falls walls to it fits in there and hide it! ive seen that on another tank. let me see if i can find it.

and great tank

It's dark in there..... (sigh) I guess I am going to have to wait till the sun comes up B)

LOL that camera has night vision but I was just checking the schedule in it and apparently I turned off night vision for tuesday nights. It's fixed now so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Steve

I have an Idea as far as Moving Out the Koralia. (But this maybe to little to late)

Put Locline from the "Sump", in the sand going to the far right side. and have it pop out right were you want it Unfortunetly you would involve drilling another hole which I doubt you want to do.

I got this Idea from my LFS Guy who did that to his own tank Which looks great and creates great Flow in the tank. And the Best part its unobtrusive.

I am thinking about doing that to my Aquapod and maybe creating the backwall like yours

Archived